First weekend away alone

Recently they had celebrated Derek's birthday and Michael and Carolyn decided to gift him a short weekend away. Both him and Meredith deserved this.  Meredith was hesitate at first at the thought of leaving Summer alone but was reassured by Derek that she would perfectly fine with his parents and Amelia. Even Mark had agreed to come over and help out.

They were heading out the door when Meredith slammed on her breaks. "Der, I can't do this, what if something happens? We've never left her before." Meredith's eyes were wide and filled with fear and vulnerability.

Derek wrapped one arm around her lower back and the other reached to cup her cheek. "Mer, Summer is almost 8 months old, we aren't leaving her with some strangers, she's with family. Look at I understand you're worried but we deserve this, come on. We are only down the road so we can get back quick if we have to but we won't. So let's go." He leaned down and kissed her, then grabbed her hand and giving it a tight squeeze. With his free hand, he picked up their suitcase and made their way to the car.

Once they were settled in the car, they looked to wave their goodbyes, seeing Summer in Carolyn's arms, waving her chubby little hand goodbye. Derek reversed out the drive and they set off. 

During the drive the joked and sang along, horribly, together to the songs playing on the radio. Derek drove with one hand on the wheel, whilst the other was resting on her thigh, occasionally squeezing it and Meredith placed her hand on top of his. Eventually their destination and swung the car into a space. They exited the car and Derek made his way round to grab their bags out the back.

Joining hands once again, they made their way through entrance, they quickly checked in and made their way up to the room. Derek opened the door before guiding Meredith inside. They were met with large king sized bed, with a large wardrobe, and large tv on the wall. The window was down to the floor and they had an amazing view of the beach down below.

"Wow." Meredith gasped as she looked around. "Derek, you're parents didn't have to do this. Like wow." She looked like a small child in a sweet shop, her eyes were glowing.

Before he knew Meredith had ran over to Derek and jumped into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist. Her arms wrapped around his neck and leaned down and pressed a kiss to his lips. Quickly the kiss started turning passionate and their tongues were battling one another. Eventually, they broke apart to catch their breath, smiling down at him and biting her lip.

"Happy birthday Derek, it's official, you're old now, no longer a teenager." She winked down at him.

"Thanks love." Derek said before leaning up to peck her lips. "Also, less of the old, I'm only a few months older then you." Together they started laughing before Derek spoke again. "I bet you haven't noticed that there is a huge bathtub have you?"

Meredith jumped out of his arms before rushing into the bathroom, in which Derek heard her squeal with excitement. Derek picked up the bag and started unpacking when he heard Meredith turned the the taps on and filled up the tub.

Once the bag was unpacked Derek made his way into the bathroom, where he stopped and leaned on the door frame watching Meredith. Her hair was scooped up into a loose, messy bun with a few strands of hair falling out. Her cheeks had a slight pink tint to them from the warm water and the water level sat just below her boobs, showing a good amount of cleavage. With her head resting on the edge of the tub, she had her eyes closed and looked more relaxed then she has done for a while.

Derek pushed himself off the door, pulling his top off and made his way across the bathroom.

"Is there room in there for me?" Meredith lifted her head up and turned to smile at Derek who was standing in front of her topless and was in the process of taking his trousers off.