"Thorn"

Oh Hayoung PoV

She was almost at the door when she heard him say the most hurtful words.
"You met another man right after I left your bed, I didn't think you were that kind of a woman."
She turned her head and smirked at him.
"I guess I am cheap, after all I gave myself to you."

She walked out of his apartment without turning even once. The tears she tried holding back minutes ago fell, she wiped it with the back of her hands. Outside of the building she caught a taxi that was just dropping a passenger off.

Once inside the taxi she couldn't speak at all, tears falling non stop and she felt like she couldn't breath.
"Miss, where would you like me to drive you?"
"Han river please." she answered shortly in between sniffles. She didn't know why she chose Han river when she could go home. She looked out the window, her tears still pouring down her cheeks. His words felt like a thorn digging deep into her heart.

Angrily wiping the tears away with her hands to no avail, she caught sight of the bracelet he gave her. She cried harder. How could he be so sweet and loving one minute and be so hurtful the next.

Hayoung walked around the Han river park, holding her coat close. The weather is chilly, the dark skies impenetrable even by the many lights of the city. It would probably rain or snow later on. Taking a seat at a bench facing the river, her eyes roamed around the area. Tears fell again when she remembered the last time she came here was with him.

She turned on the silent mode on her phone after the constant incoming calls from him, eyes closed she took deep breath one after the other to calm herself.

She felt the first drop of rain on her hand, and look up to the sky. Picking up her bag slowly, she walks to the nearest convenience store and stay there thinking about her next move. Sighing she took out her cellphone and dialled Jeong Eunji's number.

"Eonnie, please pick me up" her voice husky and shaky from all the crying. She heard Eunji's shocked gasp before asking where she is at.
She told Eunji her location and hung up. She waited outside the convenient store and shiver slightly from the cold wind.

Hayoung got inside Eunji's car without speaking, Eunji being her usual understanding self start driving without questions. She drove to her place, thinking Hayoung would need some time to collect her thoughts and speak to her.

Eunji parked her car, got out of her seat and opened the passenger's side door. Holding Hayoung's arm gently, leading her inside the apartment.

Hayoung sat down on the sofa, feeling drained when Eunji passed her a glass of water before disappearing into the kitchen again. She came back with two bottles of soju, placing it in front of them and sat comfortably in front of Hayoung.

"Do you want to speak about it? Or should we just drink and get drunk tonight?" Eunji asked in serious tone. Hayoung pick up the bottle in front of her and uncapped it carefully.
"Could we do both Eonnie?" Hayoung drank straight from the bottle after her sentence. Eunji nodded, opened her Soju bottle and sipped a bit of the alcohol. Putting down the bottle Eunji stare at Hayoung playing with the Soju bottle on her lap, seeming to gather courage to share her troubles.

Eunji took the bottle and place it on the table before holding Hayoung's hand tight. Trying to give Hayoung some strength. Hayoung opened her mouth and told Eunji everything that occurred that night, skipping the last part.

Eunji didn't speak and only nodded few times during Hayoung's retelling of the events that took place earlier. Hayoung couldn't help but to cry again looking up at Eunji's sympathetic face. She went into Eunji's arm, sobbing loudly. She really thought she was done crying but apparently she is not.

Once she calmed down a bit, Hayoung excused herself to go to the toilet and washed her face. She look at her reflections on the bathroom mirror, noting her swollen eyes. She bit her lower lip, on the verge of tears again. She washed her face again and again until she felt like she wouldn't cry again.

She walked out of the washroom to see Eunji talking on the phone with someone. Taking a seat on the sofa, she finished off the remaining Soju in her bottle.

"Another one?" Eunji ask Hayoung. Hayoung was so immersed with her thoughts and didn't realise that Eunji was done with her calls and standing in front of her.
"No Eonnie, I had wine previously. It starts to get in my head now." Hayoung tried to smile, but she couldn't.
"By the way, it was Chorong eonnie. Apparently Suho called her saying that Sehun asked him to ask your whereabouts." Her eyes widen at the words spoken by Eunji.
"I told Rong Eonnie you're with me and not to worry much. You know how she is." Hayoung nodded and sigh heavily, her head starts to ache.
"I know you didn't tell me the whole story. But its okay Youngie-ah. I'm here for you when you need me. Sleep over tonight, I'll send you home tomorrow morning." Eunji said softly, her hands outstretched holding Hayoung's hands.
"It's fine Eonnie. I'll go home now. I need to be alone honestly." Hayoung stood up and hugs Eunji tightly.
"Sure?" Hayoung nodded and smile. Eunji noted the smile didn't reach Hayoung's eyes and wondered what actually happened but she didn't want to pry. Hayoung would tell her when she is ready.

The taxi stopped in front of her apartment building, the rain has gotten heavier. It seems the whole of Seoul skies is crying with her. She smile sadly, thinking how ridiculous she sounded even just in her head. She ran a little bit, and got to the entrance of the building. Slightly wet from the rain, she walked towards the elevator shivering from the cold.

She reached her floor and walk out slowly when she saw there standing at her front door looking all dejected was Oh Sehun. She turned back, but the elevator door has shut and move to a different floor.

 She turned back, but the elevator door has shut and move to a different floor