Chapter 45

Marco's POV: 

The sound of my name being whispered softly around the room I was in caused for me to let a grunt of annoyance slip my lips, all from being woken up from the deep sleep all in which I was a part of a matter of moments ago. Ana snuggled up into my arms, still sleeping so I can only presume. But from this same unknown and unfamiliar voice whispering I did not in such a sense open my eyes, not by any means, instead I simply continued to keep my eyes closed as I attempted to get back to sleep. “Marco, Marco wake up!” The voice then began to all of a sudden become known to me, I recognised it. “Marco, just wake up.” And so with that, I in that moment opened my eyes. Immediately greeted with the face of Gabriela, above of me.

A look of confusion was to come over me as soon as I saw her there, standing above of this bed Ana and I were sleeping in, wondering what it was that was so important which she had to wake me up for. So rubbing my eyes slightly to become adjusted to being awake, I was to in that moment carefully sit up, whilst being careful not to wake up the sleeping beauty that is of course Ana sleeping in my arms. “How come you’re here Gabriela?” Smiling at her once I uttered those words I looked at her still, waiting for her to tell me what it was. But, whilst I waited, I could not help but try to work it out myself, but of course coming up with nothing.

“It’s Claudio, he asked me to come and wake you because he needed to speak to you about something.” Speaking in a low voice as she uttered those words, I immediately gulped as of a response. All these different sorts of thoughts starting to travel within my mind, from such good and such bad. And so of course all the bad was to involve his reaction as of recent over Ana and I. “Oh don’t worry Marco, it’s nothing bad.” Laughing, Gabriela seemed to have in a second there noticed how worried I was, quickly jumping in to prevent it from increasing. “I think it’s about the two of you spending the day together to get to know each other. Well, I was told that by him, but if it’s anything different I don’t know.” She shrugged at me then.

“Ok then, thanks Gabriela.” Smiling at her once uttering those words she smiled back, with a nod of the head. “Hopefully I’ll survive with all he has to say to me.” So with that to slip out from my lips then, both Gabriela and I laughed lightly a little, watching her in just a couple of seconds bid her goodbyes to me as she walked out of the room. With that I stood up to get out of bed, being as careful as I possible could not to wake Ana up. Where on the floor I was to quickly slip on my boxers, top and my tracksuit bottoms before making my way down the stairs. And soon enough I caught a glimpse of Claudio sat in the front room, walking in there to see him with a smile. “Gabriela came and found me, she said you needed to talk to me?”

Just as those words has escaped out from his lips, Claudio nodded his head and looked over at me. “I did, that’s right.” Nodding his head. “You can sit down Marco, it’s fine.” So just in a second there I soon sat own, on the opposite sofa to which he was sat on. “I asked Gabriela to come and get you because I wanted to ask you something.” So I nodded my head, letting him go on with all in which he wanted to say to me. “Are you busy today by any chance? It’s just I thought that maybe we could have a few hours out as just the two of us today, just as I suggested.” Looking at me, he still continued. “I might not be your biggest fan right now, but I am willing to try for Ana, and I’m willing to test my opinion on what you really are like too.”

“I understand, I do.” Nodding my head, I smiled at Claudio. “And no, I’m not doing anything today which I’m aware of anyway.” Looking at Claudio I kept the same smile pressed against of my lips in doing so. But to be completely honest with you, I could not help other than in a sense to feel a little optimistic in how today may pan out with him. I mean for all I know due to us being alone, he may not hold back with all he has to say to me. Yes, I do know that I do deserve every ounce of verbal abuse for what I did, but it still all if of course bound to be all ever so uncomfortable for me. “What is it you feel like us doing today then?” Speaking all in a soft and calm voice, I continued to look at him ahead of me, waiting for his response then.