Chapter 42

Ana's POV:

Leaning out of the shower with my body dripping wet in water I reached out far enough for a towel, eventually grasping it in my hand and wrapping it around my body as I stepped out of the shower moments after. But as I did so the same thoughts continued to run around of my mind like they have ever since my mother brought it up, ever since my mother was to all of a sudden bring up the fact that we are all going to be going out for dinner tonight. I know, that everything involving what happened between Marco and I when we were teenagers is going to be brought up, my mother, step-father, and sister are going to interrogate him with question after question. As far as they are all concerned, he has not changed all since then.

But I know that is not the case, I know that Marco has changed. For the good. He has in such of an intense case proved that to me, he has shown that he is not the same asshole in which left me the moment after starting his professional footballing career. But of course in such a sense, I do understand where my family are all coming from. If my sister was in this position I am in right now, then I would be acting the same as she is – as well as my mother and step-father – acting towards Marco now. It is bound to be hard for them all to even try in such of a sense to be nice to him, taking in all the pain and hurt he caused me all of those years ago now, but they need to understand that I am happy now. I am more than happy with Marco.

Marco really does make me the happiest woman alive with how caring and considerate he is towards me, every second of the day. Of course like all couples, we have our bad patches on the odd occasion, but who does not? It is just a natural sort of thing. But nevertheless, all of things between Marco and I are near enough always amazing. And so all my family, need to start to realise that. I understand that they are trying to look out for me, but the least which they could do is try to take my word on things. Of course it may be hard taking in all that has happened with Marco and I, but it is the smallest thing they could do. This is why I know for a simple fact that Marco has a difficult job on his hands, but I knew he will prove it to them.

Anyway, tying my hair up into a towel with a spare towel resting on the side of the bath, I in that moment proceeded to walk out of the bathroom and into the room which Marco and I are sharing for the duration of our time here in Portugal, with my family. So the second that I entered the room I noticed Marco sat on the edge of the double bed, looking at me with a smile pressed upon his lips. “The bathroom’s free now babe, you can go in there.” To which the second I uttered those words Marco nodded his head at me, quickly stripping down out of the clothes he originally had on – just a simple white top with some boxers – before then picking up a towel my mother had left out for him and wrapping it around his waist as then.

“Alright babe, I won’t be too long.” Smiling towards my direction as Marco spoke, he right in that moment walked over towards me. Pressing a soft kiss to my forehead, which caused for me to show a big smile of satisfaction upon me. Before he walked out of the room then in of that second and ahead to the bathroom. Where as soon as he was out of the room, I was to sit myself down in front of the mirror and remove the towel from my head, keeping the one around my body, as I proceeded to get myself ready for the night ahead. Still with such of all thoughts as to how tonight will pan out for Marco. I am really so nervous for him, I must say.

So as soon as I had brushed through my hair a couple of times, I proceeded then to pick up the hairdryer and begin to dry my hair. But, with how thick my hair is, I have to admit that it did take quite a while to do so. And the second my hair was dry, I then started as of then to straighten it, to perfection like I always do whenever having hair straighteners in my hands. As soon as my hair was straight I proceeded with my make-up; starting with foundation as I applied it to my face, following it in with a reasonable amount of mascara, and a thin layer of pink lipstick to my lips. The moment in which I was finished with making sure my hair and make-up was fit to perfection, I stood up as Marco was stood behind me fixing his hair then.