Chapter 9

Ana's POV:

I awoke in a flash the following morning due to the noise of what seemed to be birds chirping outside of my bedroom window. Although, the feeling of an arm that was wrapping itself tight around my waist followed by the slight snores being let out into the open may have been the real reason in which I had woken up all of a sudden. But who can really blame me? I mean, when you have an arm digging in deep to you it is a little hard to stay sleeping through the duration of it happening. Oh but the snores, well do not even let me get into any form of detail over their loudness. But it all of a sudden hit me, and I immediately realised exactly who it was beside me in the bed.

Marco.

Why I allowed everything to happen last night in which did is a mystery to me and I really do not think that I ever will understand the reason for it all. Perhaps it was his usual charm that sucked me into our doings, or maybe it was just the confort that he was showing me through all of this big messed up situation that I am still finding myself in over this Manuel issue. But whatever the reason may be, I am nothing less than an absolute idiot for letting it all happen. From the moment that he drove me home I should have realised that it was a big bad idea and fought against him. But no, I chose the opposite outcome and this is all down to me. It is self inflicted no less.

But as I carefully rolled over onto my side to face Marco as he continued to sleep peacefully beside me, I felt a smile form across my lips. I do not know what had all of a sudden brought it on but I could not stop smiling. And before you say anything; no it does not have anything to do with what happened between Marco and I. As I think that it is due to the fact that I have finally let everything off my chest to Manuel last night that has been eating me up inside - the secret that I was keeping from him over my past relationship with Marco. So it is all on a plate for him now and whether or he is going to accept my past is down to him and I can not help make his mind up.

It is just a huge relief that I have left it as no more secrets between us both. Well, I am already lying here as we both know that is not true. Of course I idiotically chose to have sex with my ex-boyfriend. And if things were to ever progress between Manuel and I, then I am really not left with any other option than to tell him. That is if I want to start a new chapter with him, no secrets hidden and the both of us being honest with one another. But that is all down to him and if he will ever be able to forgive me for hiding this. And from the looks of things as of the moment I can not see that happening, but who really knows what the future may hold, am I right?

This is why I regret my decision making from last night, a huge amount in fact.

Just as I had been drawn back to reality from my thoughts, I noticed as it seemed like Marco was finally waking up. To which I was proved correct in as he soon opened his eyes to look at me with a large smile upon him. "Well good morning you." He came out with in a typical sleepy yet groaning tone of a voice, the kind that I have always been familiar too since we were together all of those years ago. But just as he had let those words slip out of his mouth I watched as he went to lean closer to me in an attempt to kiss my lips. So avoiding the contact that he wanted I immediately turned my face so they pressed against my cheek. "What's wrong?" He asked, concerned.

As he removed his lips from my cheek I simply shrugged my shoulder at him as the last thing I wanted was to go into any details over what was actually wrong with me - Manuel. But the look that he all of a sudden portrayed across his face told me that there was no way that he was going to drop it. So with a loud sigh escaping from my lips, I went on to say exactly what it was. "Last night, it shouldn't have ever even happened Marco." I admitted, looking into his eyes. "It was a stupid mistake and I don't know why I went along with it all. I mean, things had literally just been broken off between me and Manuel yet I went and slept with you. And that isn't right at all."