Chapter 35

Ana's POV:

Waking up due to the sight of the bright sunshine on an early summers morning shining into the gap of the curtains here in Marco’s bedroom I groaned heavily to myself, not wanting to get out of bed this morning due to the late night both Marco and I had last night. If anything I just want to stay in bed, sleep through the morning to proceed to stay in bed relaxing for a strong majority of the day – just as I expect Marco will be doing while I am away at work. To be honest really I guess Marco deserves a few lazy days once in a while, his job really does if I am honest ask a lot of him, waking up early every morning to go to training, and of course not to mention the games in mid-week and the weekends. Then again, Marco is a footballer.

If I would have just listened to that voice inside of my head last night telling me to go to bed then I would not be in this tired state I am in now, instead I would be more than happy to in a sense wake up early like I do always on weekdays now. But no, of course, I just listened to Marco and was sucked into what he had planned – staying up late after the football so that we could watch film after film cuddled upon the sofa. There was a part of me that wanted to tell him that I had to go to bed for work but I just could not do it to him, all down to the fact of not wanting to upset him anymore. I know a whole factor of this film night was to try and take his mind off his injury, and honestly, I did not want to bring it all back to him yet again.

Just from seeing how upset he has all of a sudden become due to a result of turning injured over the course of the past week is enough to devastate me, not anywhere in the slightest as close to what Marco is feeling, but close. I always have and always will hate to see him in such an upset state, and that is why I will do anything in my power to try and prevent all this sort of feeling from arising with him. As hard as it of course is for Marco I want him to try to be happy, try to move passed the injury and focus on this new life growing inside of me and his comeback to playing football again. So that is why I am adamant that this time both of us will be spending on holiday will at least help him to move on with it, well I can only hope so.

Anyway, finally opening my eyes after becoming adjusted to being awake I turned over onto my side in order to face the bedside table, checking the time on the alarm clock. But as soon as I did I was forced to shoot up from bed immediately, trying not to wake Marco up next to me as he continued to sleep, rushing over to my make-up bag I have here at Marco’s. Just as you can probably imagine now; I was late, really late in fact. I had just over half an hour as of now to get ready, dressed and be at work. How I was going to do it I really do not know, but I do not have a choice in the slightest. Well, that is of course if I do still want to keep my job.

Which, after all this trying of applying for jobs, I of course do. And so if my lateness is all not bad enough, today is the day where I need to ask my boss, Mandy, if it is possible in any of a way to take two weeks off in order to go on holiday with Marco, and if I even as dare to ask her when I am late I know for a fact that she will say no. We need this, we need to be able to go on holiday, not only for myself but also Marco. He needs the time away with my family to prove to them he is not the same man which hurt me all of those years ago in the past, and he also needs it as in a way for us to spend time together, to finally be able to spend all of as much time together as we need away from this country, to get away from everything here.

Standing up straight again from quickly slipping my shoes on once finishing my make-up and changing I walked to tower over Marco where he was sleeping peacefully in bed, allowing a large smile to smother upon me as I pressed a soft kiss against his lips for only just a small of a moment or two. And as I brought my lips away from him I noticed a smile mirroring that of my own come to him, groaning a little as he slept whilst tossing and turning. Honestly, there are no words which can explain fully just how adorable he looks when he sleeps. For as long as I can remember that has always been the case with him, even when we were together as teenagers, in a less creepy way as imagined I would sit there to watch him sleep all day long.