Chapter 26

Marco's POV:

Staring over into one specific area of the training field I clenched my knuckles at the sight of what I had before me, Manuel, the rest of my national team happily training all around from me as I continued to keep my eyes burning on that very same direction. The strong sense of jealousy and anger flooding through me, the thought of Manuel and when he has out within the open with Ana captivating me both inside and out. I hate it. And I know I should not now be feeling like this but I cannot help it, just the sight of Manuel in person after all this time in what has happened – me and Ana seemingly getting back on track from years ago – the ever annoying feeling of jealousy is upon me, the thought of his hands all over the one that I love.

I know what you are probably thinking right now; ‘rise above it Marco, she still wants you in her life and that’s all that should matter’, but it is like second nature to feel like this with all of how he has been acting towards me. Every single time I come into contact with Manuel in any sort of way he gives me this snide sort of work, one which without any words shows me just how he thinks he has won this. Well, in reality that is not true at all as in a sense I seem to be the one which has won – if there even was a competition to start with anyway. As Ana is risking everything she and Manuel have to see me whenever she can, you could ever put it as we are back together again. Yes, things are going smoothly with us just like old times.

Despite knowing I have Ana back in the way I want her to be I still have a sense of jealousy over the two of them, perhaps it could be the fact I know he gets to put his hands wherever he pleases on her when it is the two of them or it could as well be the fact the two of them are out in the open. Yes, the one thing he has over me is that he is able to do whenever he wants with Ana out in public without the fear of them being on the front page of one of the newspapers in the morning. It is the one thing which I cannot stand, I lay there in bed every night wishing I could take Ana out to all these fancy restaurant, taking her out to all different sorts of special dates to show her just how much he means to me. But, I am unable to do it.

“Marco, bro are you even listening to a word I just said?!” Feeling a hard punch dig right to my shoulder blade coming from beside me I turned around once being set free out from my trance, coming face to face with a confused looking Mario. To which I grumbled in response to him, letting him knowing without any words coming from me that I had not heard even a slight word of what he had just said to me. So he sighed, rolling his eyes before explaining it again to me. “Well what I said, while you were zones out, was why the hell you’re looking at Manuel over there with that angry look upon your face.” Pointing with his index finger over towards the direction I followed, sighing. “Has something happened with the two of you?”

But I immediately played it down without a second thought, looking shocked at Mario stood beside me with a fast shake of the head. “Me and Manuel, no, why the hell would there be anything that’s happened between us?” Shaking my head over his earlier words I tried once again to play it down, trying not to make any eye contact due to my lack of lying when it all comes to times like these. So picking up the ball which had been kicked to my feet however long ago I looked at Mario at long last, smiling as I hoped he had dropped all of what was to have just happened. “Shall we go and get on with training now before coach moans at us?”

And so with that I smiled once more at him, kicking the ball as I walked over to a different of an area here on the training pitch. But I was deemed not to have got very far at all as right in that moment the hand of Mario’s pulled me back via my shoulder, forcing me to turn and to look straight at him. I could not help but notice the raised eyebrows upon Mario the second I had turned to look at him, and I just knew already this was not going to end well for me by the looks of things. “Come on Marco, quit playing it down will you?” Sighing heavily at me as he rolled his eyes Mario hit the back of my head hard, cause me to cure loudly at the feel of him in doing so. “You haven’t been yourself for months now, just tell me what it is, please?”