Chapter 54

Ana's POV:

Two weeks it has been ever since Marco and I arrived back from Bali, two weeks of suddenly being back to normality, after having the time of our lives, throughout that ever so beautiful island in Indonesia. I miss the glorious sunshine already, the villa we stayed in, as well as our surroundings, and everything about where we stayed. Do not get me wrong though, with us being back and me back at work with Leanne and Mandy, it is something I have missed all in a severe sense. Quality time with Marco was more than amazing, I must admit to you, and, I did enjoy every single second of it also. But the both of us - Marco and I - were of course to know that it was all eventually to come to an end, all no matter how much fun we both had.

But, with us now back in Dortmund, it brings a whole brand new sort of situation to not only my own, but also Marco's lives. It is a situation which I am far from excited for if I am now to be completely honest with you. The situation of course involving Manuel, and all which does need to be said and done. Saying I am worried is an understatement, as I am now absolutely terrified, as to how he will take the news. In my head, there is only one way in how I can see this all playing out. That of course being Manuel turning violent, not to me by any means, as I know Manuel is not that sort of person, but to Marco. And it honestly does make me think, if bringing Marco along with me when I tell Manuel is a good idea, or, just a mistake, at that.

Enough of all of that now though, things between Marco and I have been nothing short of in a sense perfect since we went away. And better yet, things have been continuing in this way ever since we came back to Dortmund. All in all, Marco has been treating me like a princess, a way in which I am not completely used to if I am completely honest with you. Yes, Manuel of course did treat me amazingly, but, not close to how Marco has been. And, even with the World Cup final with Germany and Argentina tomorrow, Marco is still taking it in himself all to continue treating me so perfectly. In my opinion that means a lot to me, as I know better than anyone else how he only wants to break down, as a result of not being there to play it.

He is working well with the situation despite all of it, and things honestly are looking up only at this moment for him. Just after we got back from Bali Marco was able to get the cast all at long last taken off from his ankle, allowing him to start his therapy sessions at training. And I have to admit to you, despite my pregnancy, I am sure, this is the best news for Marco, from the moment his injury occurred. Speaking about my pregnancy anyways, I think now I am to be able to finally see a growing in my stomach at long last. Well, I said it is growing, but deep down, I know I am only bloating out. All due to how I am not even half way along just as yet.

Anyway, back to the here and now, and I took a glance of myself in the mirror here over just in the front room to Marco's house. To be completely honest with you right now, the last of a thing in which I want to be doing is to go to work. Yes, I do know that I have to pay my way for my own house which I barely ever even stay at anymore, but I just want my sleep. Just in this moment now, I am in that current tiredness stage of my pregnancy. All I want to do is to sleep, sleep constantly whenever I have the chance to do so. But with Marco making sure he woke me up this morning instead of letting me have the chance to turn my alarm off, all of it was to seem to me like I had no other choice. So whether I liked it or not I had to go to work.

Sighing to myself in that moment, I soon turned away from the mirror in front of me. But as I did so, I came to terms with the fact of Marco sitting on the sofa just looking at me, all with the both of his eyebrows raised in doing so. "I don't know why you're looking at me like that Marco, I'm the one that's not happy with you." Pointing directly at him as I spoke then, all of the one thing in which the German could do in response was raise his eyebrows further all in my direction, looking shocked. To me it seemed like he had no idea just to what I was just to be going on about, and so I soon went on to clarify it to him. "I wanted to spend my day just for once in bed today, I'm tired. But no, you couldn't even let me do that could you Marco?"