Chapter 36

Ana's POV:

Standing in front of the mirror here in Marco’s bathroom as he was changing in his room I in that moment straightened out my dress across my body, taking a deep breath in and then to be back out again. Nervous is an understatement as to how I am feeling right now as in now, I am petrified to put it blankly. Just the thought of seeing Marco’s parents again after such a long time really is getting to me, scaring the living hell out of me in all honesty. Having not in a slight way to have seem then since Marco left Dortmund ahead of Ahlen in for the pursuit of his football career it is scary for me. Yes, it had been that long. So as you can imagine as in now from my small little description there it is only natural for me to feel as nervous as I am.

For all I know though, neither of them could recognise me, I could just be a stranger to them both as soon as they lay eyes on me again tonight at dinner. As I do have to admit to you as of now that whenever I look back at the pictures of me and Marco from when the both of us were teenagers, I really cannot see myself in the pictures as to what I look like now. I have in such a strong sense changed, in my open opinion I do not look the same by any means at all if I do say so. And so if I am completely honest with you I cannot see Marco’s parents now to recognise me, to them when they walk through that front door and see me I could only be a complete stranger to them. Completely forgetting who I am, and all our memories together.

But the one thing which is worrying me as to the small chance they do in fact remember me, without having to be reminded, is the thought of whether or not they will like me after now I have grown up in compare to being the teenager they used to know. Of course, I definitely want for Marco’s parents to like me again, just as they did last time we were together, but I know that I have a much harder process in that happening, as I am not the girl in which they both used to know. I have changed, grown up even, and become a different person to what they are of course used to. And I just do not know if in their opinion, it will be a good sort of change, but all I can hope is that it is. That they both like me, even more than they used to.

Of course there is also a chance that they might not even be happy to see me, even after all of this time. I just do not know what I am supposed to expect of tonight. For all I know now I could just be over thinking things, panicking over something which may not be all that much of a big deal. But that is just the sort of woman I am – I am a worrier. I worry over even only just a small and stupid thing, I worried about my pregnancy and how Marco would react as a result of it and look where that got me. It let for me to turn out to be wrong with it as Marco was happy, he was happy I was pregnant with his child and it proved how I made a stupid of a scenario in my head over panic and worry. So maybe, hopefully, that is the case this time.

Anyway, continuing to stare blindly into the mirror before me I started to adjust my hair as a single strand dared to fall down across my face. Taking the strand just in between my centre fingers I pushed it to behind my ear to match my hairstyle for tonight; up in a vertical sort of roll with pieces coming down from the sides. But it was just my luck that the pieces were to fall down in my face constantly, annoying me and forcing me to push them behind me ear as a result of it. But enough of that, as I was to hear the sound of Marco’s voice singing away in the bedroom as he got ready for tonight, causing for me to shake my head and laugh lightly.

So as I continued listening away to Marco singing a large smile formed upon my lips, as I was to take in each and every word he sung in from the room next to the bathroom. But before I could manage to catch a glimpse of the song he was singing I was stopped in doing so, all as I heard the sound of there being a knock at the front room. Immediately I felt as my heart in that moment dropped to the pit of my stomach, turning more nervous than before. “Babe, I am just finishing up. Can you get the door for me please?” And as those words were then to escape his lips I gulped, really not wanting to be the first person to see his parent after such of a long time but deep down knowing I did not have much of a choice. So with a hum to slip out from my lips I hummed loud enough for Marco to hear, making my way down the stairs.