Confrontations - II

*Okay, so I haven't been to The Pantheon, and so whatever I am mentioning in this chapter is based on my imagination and some google Images, so please bear with me*

Also, this was supposed to come out on Easter, but I wasn't able to complete the chapter. Anyways, happy late Easter!

Dedicated to @BonjoBiggles for their support!

Percy

----------------->

I just couldn't let Oceanus reveal my identity yet. Now you guys would ask what did you do then Percy?

Well, I raised my sword and charged at Oceanus! And then with a single slice of my sword, I beheaded Oceanus while Annabeth managed to wipe out the entire army... I wish it were that simple, sigh.

As soon as I charged towards Oceanus, he disappeared and reappeared right above the ritual altar, with the smile of a Cheshire cat on his face.

"Well, well, Perseus Achilles Jackson, you certainly didn't think killing me would be as easy as getting yourself a girlfriend now did you?"

I took a tentative step back and bumped into Annabeth, realizing she had already turned to face the other side of the circle and we were back to back, both with our weapons drawn in striking positions.

"Just like old times huh, Percy!"

Annabeth explained and I gave up all hope of concealing my identity. As I told Luke before I left for the quest, I have no grudge against the campers or the gods.

"What, no Seaweed Brain from now on, Wise Girl?"

"I've seen many bizarre things in my life, but seeing you again here, that too like this has to steal the show."

"Well, I don't know about the recent developments in fighting, but I don't think there's so much talking involved while facing an army of monsters..."

"You had to provoke them didn't you, Seaweed Brain?"

And then everything was a blur of gleaming bronze slashes, monster dust, and inhumane grunts as Annabeth and I cut through the monsters enclosing us.

Everything was chaotic, but we were winning...until we got overwhelmed.

The crowd was advancing towards us and even after slashing through more than fifty monsters, the wave of approaching monsters felt neverending. Both Annabeth and I knew that we won't be able to fend off so many monsters at once.

Somewhere behind me, I could hear Annabeth panting heavily, indicating her tired form. Even though I knew I could fight for much longer (This is no sexist comment or anything like that, it's just because Percy was blessed by more than 1 god), I knew I wouldn't last long enough to defeat Oceanus and save Jay. I had to think bigger, for everyone's sake.

I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply. I had to try my best even if it wouldn't work.

Annabeth!

I waited for a second, while still fending off the monsters. Just as I was about to change plans since this one hadn't worked, Annabeth called out to me in my mind.

Percy? What is happening?

Not the time Annabeth, I have a plan...

Do I need to cower in a corner? I mean, you, have a plan?

Again, not the time for jokes Annabeth, I scowled in her mind.

Okay, Okay, go on.