Face Reveal

Hazel

------------------------------------>

I woke up to an annoying beeping sound beside my ear. Groggily, I slapped my palm on the alarm to shut it off, and thankfully, it did.

I wasn't surprised when Annabeth iris messaged me yesterday, wanting me to go to Camp Half-Blood. She said she had a lead on the special kind of mist, but we needed to do some work before we can find out about it.

So here I was leaving for Camp half-Blood.

"Hazel, are you sure you can go there on your own? I mean it isn't safe for a demigod to travel alone."

Frank asked me for the thousandth time since morning.

"Frank, I will be fine. And, who said that I am going alone?"

As if on cue, Arion blurred into existence right beside Hazel.

"Ah, I totally forgot about your supersonic horse." To this, Arion whinnied loudly.

"Don't worry Frank, I will be fine. You should worry about preparing the camp for war. Bye Frank, see you soon."

I swiftly climbed on Arion's back.

"Arion, giddy up."

And we were speeding away from camp Jupiter.

I missed the feel of Arion's muscles beneath me. The feel of the wind as it gushed past us, with Arion tearing through it.

In 4 hours, Arion and I were perched atop Half-Blood Hill. Whenever I looked at it, the valley, I am mesmerized. The scent of strawberries drifting from the farm and filing up the air with the sweetness. The sun as it shines upon the Athena Parthenos, making its ivory glow unnaturally. The Golden Fleece glinting under the branches of Thalia's Pine, with Peleus protecting it. I quickly summoned a chunk of gold and fed it to Arion.

"Thanks, buddy, see ya later!"

I began my walk down the hill, and was met by Annabeth halfway to her cabin.

"Hey Annabeth, how's the training going on?"

"Finally, Hazel, let's go, the Olympian council begins in 45 minutes. We don't want to be late."

"Okay, lets rush."

We quickly met Argus, who was our designated driver, and was surprised to see Percy already waiting in the van.

"Hey, Percy."

He just looked at me blankly and turned away again. Talk about being rude.

Once we all were seated Argus started driving.

From the top of the clouds rose the decapitated peak of a mountain, its summit covered with snow. Clinging to the mountainside were dozens of multileveled palaces-a city of mansions-all with white-columned porticos, gilded terraces, and bronze braziers glowing with a thousand fires. Roads wound crazily up to the peak, where the largest palace gleamed against the snow. Precariously perched gar-dens bloomed with olive trees and rosebushes. I could make out an open-air market filled with colorful tents, a stone amphitheater built on one side of the mountain, a hippodrome, and a coliseum on the other. It was an Ancient Greek city, except it wasn't in ruins. It was new and clean, and colorful, the way Athens must've looked twenty-five hundred years ago.

The Throne Room in Olympus was buzzing with power. I didn't know if it was the combined power of all the Olympians present, or was it just I who was shaking.