Look who's back, back again!

PERCY

------------------>

It's funny, isn't it? Walking back to a place you were kicked out from, exactly the way you came there first. We chose to appear at the hill because three unknown demigods barging into the camp from a forest full of monsters would surely make campers freak out.

The rain had stopped. The storm still rumbled, but only in the distance. I smelled like livestock and my knees were shaking. My head felt like it was splitting open. I was weak and scared and trembling with grief I'd just seen my mother vanish. I wanted to lie down and cry, but there was Grover, needing my help, so I managed to haul him up and stagger down into the valley, toward the lights of the farm-house. I was crying, calling for my mother, but I held on to Grover-I wasn't going to let him go. The last thing I remember is collapsing on a wooden porch, looking up at a ceiling fan circling above me, moths flying around a yellow light, and the stern faces of a familiar-looking bearded man and a pretty girl, her blond hair curled like a princess's. They both looked down at me, and the girl said, "He's the one. He must be." "Silence, Annabeth," the man said. "He's still conscious. Bring him inside."

I didn't realize I had stopped walking until Jason bumped into me.

"Yo dude, you alright?" Luke asked from beside me.

"Yeah but reminiscing about mom and Grover was making this much harder," I replied.

"Percy, I don't know what happened here, but I assure you, me and Lukey are there to support you." Jason tried to convince me.

"Not sure about calling myself Lukey, but yeah we're there by you always," Luke reassured.

I took in a deep breath to calm down and faced them.

"I'm fine, thanks. Now, I think once the prophecy has been spoken at the campfire, you and Luke can reveal yourselves. Until then, you don't know a single person from the camp. Is that Understood?"

"Hmm, then can we know couples? Not that I know many of them...," Luke joked and Jason and I burst out laughing.

"Let's go before I change my decision," I say as I trudge up the hill.

As we reach the top of the hill, the smell of fresh strawberries hit my nose. Curled up against Thalia's Pine was Peleus, and just above him on the lowest branch hung the Golden Fleece. I allowed my eyes to roam around the valley. The lush green strawberry fields were dotted with vibrant specks of a deep pink and red. The beautiful cabins lay in their original Omega formation with a bright fire burning in the central hearth. As the Big House came into view, I could almost smell its typical rustic smell with a hint of wine, or Kool-Aid rather. I allowed my eyes to wander to the Lake and disappointment filled my eyes. Instead of the usual sparkling blue, the water in the lake was a dull Aegean color. The lake was where I used to go to calm down. I tore my eyes away from the lake and settled them upon the stables, thinking about a certain black Pegasus.

I don't know how many minutes passed before I was pulled out of my fantasy by Peleus spewing a plume of smoke, and I noticed Chiron was standing near the bottom of the hill, along with a satyr, Sam, I think his name was and one of the long list of people I didn't need to see any time soon.

To Chiron's right stood Nico di Angelo in all his black glory. My eye twitched slightly just before I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Percy please, just stay calm. If you want, me and Jason will do all the talking," Luke calmly whispered into my ear.

I let a long sigh escape and made my way slowly into camp, towards what I thought was my doom.

I quickly felt the atmosphere around me and I was not a bit happy. It reeked of disappointment and gloom. My insecurities spiked up.