Chapter 2

Robyn's POV
Barclays Center
March 28, 2016

"That's it, Rih! And yes, yes, yes!"

My choreographer hyped me up as we continued with practice before the second Brooklyn show. Though I have two shows within the same week and city, practice is always needed in order to be successful. We wanted to make sure everything was in place before continuing with the tour and ensuring my fans enjoyed our creation.

We went through the final arrangements before concluding practice. I had the opportunity to chat with my dancers to check in with them and record their progress.

Some time passed before everyone packed up their things to leave and I did the same. I walked over to Jen and Mel as they talked while scrolling on their phones before looking up to see me.

"Look at you lazy hoes!" They both sucked their teeth before flipping me off, of course earning a laugh from me. "Y'all ready to go?"

"Tsk, we've been waiting on you, bitch. Now you owe us dinner for pain and suffering."

These hoes.

"Whatever. Where we bout to eat at?" I asked as we walked to the back of my truck. We then decided on Carbone, my favorite restaurant in New York located in the Greenwich Village.

Opened in 2013, the restaurant has been nothing but a destination for most of the city, even celebrities who needed a spot to sit down and relax

Opened in 2013, the restaurant has been nothing but a destination for most of the city, even celebrities who needed a spot to sit down and relax. It took us over 20 minutes to arrive before getting out. Thankfully, we ordered our usual and decided to get it to-go since I didn't feel like sitting in.

We then left the restaurant and headed back to my penthouse which only took less than 10 minutes to reach. We walked into the lobby and got on the elevator before successfully arriving to my penthouse. We all got comfortable in my living room before turning on my TV to watch the Atlanta Housewives.

"Girl, look at that! If I was Phaedra, Apollo would've been ran the fuck over." Mel said as she scooped up some of her pasta.

"Bitch, me too. His crazy ass got some fucking nerve popping up at that lady house."

We continued to watch the episode and eat before we received a knock on my door. I sighed heavily before getting up to see who was at my home. I looked out the peephole before seeing the front desk employee holding a large bouquet of flowers. I hummed in confusion as the girl presented the gift to me. "Hey, Ms. Fenty. You have a special delivery."

"Is there a name?" She shook her head before handing them over. I hesitantly accepted before thanking her before closing the door. The two women looked over amused as I sat the bouquet on the counter before searching for a note with the sender's information.

"I know damn well Aubrey didn't get you some flowers. He does that shit every time." I shook my head while laughing before sitting down next to Mel to read the note. I read it over silently before furrowing my eyebrows at the heartfelt message.