Chapter 33

Ryan's POV
Memphis, TN

"What you wanna talk about?" He asked while slowly sitting down due to the hip issue he had currently. Externally, I was calm in order to not throw him off but internally, I was fuming.

"Ya know I wanted to come to ya bout some stuff in the past. Ya know since you a OG and all." He hummed while sitting back. "How were we as kids?" He chuckled before continuing.

"Ah man, y'all was sumn else. I remember when I used to watch y'all, y'all used to be all over the place." I fake chuckled as he continued. "Y'all used to be in everything, especially Y/n. She used to act out like a muhfucka." I shook my head slowly as my laughter stopped.

"I mean, we did lose our father so did ya think of that?" He brushed me off before responding.

"Boy, everybody done lost a doggone father, ain't shit new." I hummed as I then looked elsewhere to calm down slightly.

"So how ya deal with her bad ass then?" He licked his lips anxiously after I asked my question. I could quickly tell he was caught off guard as I continued to ask questions.

"How I wh-...."

"How did ya deal wit her?" He then started to clear his throat and wipe his nose and it wasn't due to allergies. I knew that move all too well due to my activities in the streets.

"Shit, I whooped her lil ass like you suppose to do. Especially wit them lil girls." I hummed silently while rubbing my knuckles. "And lemme tell ya sumn." He then came over to grab my shoulder obnoxiusly as I nodded silently. "You gotta deal wit them girls different from the lil boys."

"Hmm, how sway?"

"Lil boys, yeah you can cuss 'em out a lil bit, give 'em a spankin, or throw hands. But them girls, you gotta get 'em early cuz they like to be fast." I then nodded before reaching into my pocket to grab a small ziploc bag full of the powdered cocaine.

"Gotcha." He then looked with glittering eyes while also attempting to stay collected.

"Nah, nephew I can't." I brushed him off before pushing it to him. He then looked hesistant as I responded.

"Take it. Ya know it ain't nun wrong wit having a lil fun. Ain't that what you used to say " He clapped his hands before humming excitedly.

"Hey, if ya say so! Ya want some?" I put my hands up in defense declining the offer. I then lied by saying,

"Nah, I'm good, but I wanted to bring offerings since you been there and all."

I then squinted my eyes as I watched him get the drug ready for consumption. Delicately, he used his snorting tool to separate the powder before it was perfect lines on the table. He then blew out a breath before getting down to business. As the powder goes up his nose, his high begins to take place before he shoots back in his chair.

"Nephew you got that good shit!" He pointed at me excitedly. "This why you my favorite, ya know that. Ya always been good to me." I nodded as he continued. Each line continued to disappear before he completely finished the small bag and got comfortable in his chair. I smirked before leaning back myself and counting down by 30 seconds in my head.

30

"Ya know, it's so easy to look back at the past. Just reminisce about ya younger years, yuh'know." He hummed while nodding at my statement.

"Aw yeah, wish I could go back in time. Shit, everything worked better." He continued to speak as I did my mental countdown.

29