Part 2, Chapter 2

Y/n's POVJuly 28, 2017West Memphis, AR

Y/n's POV
July 28, 2017
West Memphis, AR

"Wassup, Bruh."

I dapped up Ryan as he climbed into my truck after I picked him up from his condo in downtown.

Since it was Friday, the shop closed down at around 2 p.m. to allow himself and his artists some rest time the weekend approached . As we pulled out of the parking spot and out of the parking garage, I answered my brother's question that hadn't left his mouth yet.

"I took my meds this morning and imma take 'em again at 6:30p this even so shut up bitch." He only held his hands up in surrender while holding a similar smirk to the one I have on my face from time-to-time.

"Oh, she shakin the table." While I continued to drive towards the bridge, I handed him the address and told him to put it in my navigation system. "So what ya tryna do by talkin to Mr. Ricky? I heard MawMaw mention it but she ain't tell me much about it." I then raised the volume slightly in order to hear the system provide directions.

"So ya know how I been thinkin about business and shit." He nodded while he leaned the chair back. "Well, I been thinkin about restartin daddy businesses." His eyes bulged out of his sockets from hearing the news.

"Why all of a sudden?"

You know, daddy told me when I died. Nothing crazy.

"Well, I just been wantin to change my life and shit." He nodded understandably. "Plus, why not make this a family business and keep it goin? He had sumn good, yuh' know."

"You right. But this a risky investment, Y/n. I mean, how you know it's gon go right. We was kids when he started this shit. Barely knew our ABCs and numbers." I sighed as he spoke of his concerns of the decision.

By now, we were currently crossing the bridge's surface, now entering West Memphis, Arkansas. I combed through my hair before making a statement.

"I'm just sayin, distribution is still in high demand right now. Plus, we got the resources or can get them to make it happen. Plus, we could do it together." By now, I could feel his annoyance arrive in the interior of the car as a heavy breath left his mouth.

"Come on, Bruh. Stop tryna include me in shit."

"Fuck ya talkin about? I'm just tryna tell ya what we could do by bringin daddy business back. Shit, you be the main one talkin bout 'i'M mAd DaDdY BuSiNesS AiN't Up AnD RunNin." He smacked his lips loudly.

"Bitch Ion even sound like that."

"I been round ya all my life. Ya sound just like that, stupid."

"Call me stupid again. I'll knock yo ass out." I faked gasped before playing with the wheel.

"Bitch I'll flip this car ova in the Mississippi. Play wit ya pussy not me."

"Yeah, aight. Imma save ya life fo' MawMaw take mine fa killin ya." I rolled my eyes as I continued.