Part 2, Chapter 5

Branston ResidenceMemphis,TNNext Morning

Branston Residence
Memphis,TN
Next Morning

I rode down the street as I quickly left my biological mother's home. It felt weird and honestly aggravating to be there.

I looked at the time. 6:47 a.m. I sighed while still driving. Since the situation pissed me off, I decided that completing work would be more constructive for me than destructive.

I pulled my truck into the garage before turning it off and grabbing my belongings. I groaned feeling the immense headache throb. I pushed through the door before putting the alarm code in to silence the system.

"Grandmama! Mr. Brown!" I heard no answer confirming that they were still sleep. Now, I had to attempt to play good with the Queen of the Castle.

"My Love?"

I walked through the hallway quietly after walking upstairs towards my room. "Robyn? Baby?"

I continued to walk down the hall before creeping through the door and watching as my beauty slept soundly in my bed.

I closed the door before taking my clothes off. Before I knew it, green eyes slowly watched me. "Have you eaten?" I shook my head before taking my shirt off. "You hungry?" I took my pants off before slowly clawing underneath the sheets.

"I'm alright, Angel." She hummed before rolling over to face me.

"Where were you?" I brushed my hand down my face. I chuckled before answering,

"You won't believe it. I woke up at Shanda house." I felt as she brushed her fingers through my hair.

"No fucking way." I hummed while caressing her thigh. "So does that mean you're getting to a place of cordiality?"
A long moment of silence occurred before she looked at me. "Nigga are you dead?"

"No. I'm just thinking about how smart you are." She frowned deeply. "That big ass word. I could never."

"I can't stand you." I snickered while tightening my arm around her waist. I then laid my head in the crook of her neck while kissing it lightly feeling her heartbeat increase.

She kissed my forehead before saying, "I'm sorry for treating you how I did yesterday." I raised up while listening intently to her. "I just thought I could help so Trey's graduation wouldn't be in ruin but instead, I hurt your feelings and I'm sorry." I playfully pouted before kissing her lips lightly.

"I accept ya apology. I apologize too because I ain't mean to make ya feel a way neither." She hummed while she caressed the tip of my ear. "And I don't want ya in the middle of my family drama."

"I know." She responded why I looked at her lovingly. I felt her rake her nail against my jaw before cupping my chin and pulling me into a kiss. "Don't leave me alone like that again, got it?" She mentioned authoritatively before I nodded.