Chapter 15

Robyn's POV
May 27, 2016
Las Vegas, NV

Must be love on the brain,

Cheers erupted as I finished my live performance at the Billboard Music Awards. I then stood on stage and basked in the atmosphere before thanking the audience and walking back. This year was a good year for me, musically. At this year's awards, I was being nominated for the "Fan Voted Billboard Chart Achievement" Award and was competing against some big names such as Adele, The Weekend, and Little Big Town.

And then Aubrey.

While we waited on the last category to come, we sat around and conversed with other artists and their parties. Eventually, the end of the show arrived and the final category was here. The presenter did their introduction speech which led to the category's nominees being unveiled.

After several unbearable minutes of waiting, the presenter opened the envelope and revealed the winner.. Which was me for my song "Work".

Oh shit, it's me!

I then listened to the rendition of my song, "Needed Me" as I walked happily up the stage. I got up to the stage and took a moment once again to receive the applause I got after receiving my award.

 I got up to the stage and took a moment once again to receive the applause I got after receiving my award

"I have to thank, obviously my fans." The applause got louder as I waved my hand in gratitude. "My fans and my supporters, people who, yuh'know, probably haven't been fans over the years but are inspired by the music, the work, the art that I do and make. Thank you so much for the love. Billboard, we have had a beautiful relationship and just, thank you. Thank you so much!"

I then waved again out to the audience before being escorted to the back. Thankfully, Gio and James were in the back waiting on me before helping me out for the remainder of the time.

"Congrats, Boss Lady!" James said happily in her Southern accent as I smiled towards him. Since Geoff had been out, he and Gio have taken their roles more seriously and haven't been away from me at all. However, Y/n has been more of a leader which was easy. Since she's been working extremely hard and making sure we've been good, I wanted her to take a break. Though I might miss her a tad. But that's beside the point.

"I'm going to get Jennifer and Melissa. You two stay back." I nodded before Gio went to get them. As we waited, James and I started a conversation.

"You been doin okay, Rih?" He asked genuinely as I nodded.

"Yeah, I've been good. Just tired and trying to get back in the swing of things; but nothing I can't handle." He nodded himself in understanding before he continued.

"Is this how it should feel though?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean being a celebrity." I hummed as he continued. "Like having to have ya whole life on TV, or as a news story. That shit sounds fucked up." I chuckled as he made his statement.