Chapter 21

Robyn's POV
New York City
September 10, 2016

"Hey guys! We have about 30 minutes before we head out, okay?" I nodded as Jen kept watch of the time.

Tonight I was attending the CFDA Awards in order to receive my award for Icon of the Year. Of course, I couldn't go to the event without going in true Rihanna fashion. My choice of dress included a sheer dress adorned with Swarovski crystals, a matching head cap, and a light pink mink to go with.

As I continued to get ready, I listened to Y/n, now in professional character, going over tonight's protocol as I got my makeup done in my robe.

"Aight, so here is a layout for the venue." She introduced while showing me the layout of the Lincoln Center. "Yon can see on hea' that it got two main entrances and three side and back doors. The place can hold about 1,000 people but tonight it's gon be about, imma say 450-500 people and...."

I was listening to her, however, I silently admired the suit we got tailored for her as well as the guards who are in attendance tonight.

I also noticed she had her hair braided back which allowed for her features to show more

I also noticed she had her hair braided back which allowed for her features to show more. As I continued to be deep in my thoughts, I heard the sound of fingers snapping. I looked over at Y/n who was trying to regain my attention.

"What I just say, Robyn?" She asked with a serious expression.

"You said that there are two main entrances and then three side and back exits. Then it's going to be 450-500 there. Yes, I heard all of that."

"Aight so what did I say if something goes down and we have a backup plan?" She asked as I rolled my eyes. She then slightly tapped the back of my hand.

"Pay attention." She said sternly before continue. Oop. "If some shit go down, I got a signal ready fa' James and August who gon be at the side entrance. Nate's driving the van and gon park at that entrance. Got that?" She asked as I nodded. "Keep that in yo head. Can ya do that fa' me?" She asked hoping I understood, which I did entirely. "Good. You got anything else to ask or say?"

"You look nice in your suit." She rolled her eyes before smiling tightly.

"Thank you. Imma head back out and wait on ya." I smiled before she left. It then took me sometime before my look was complete and I got my preferred belongs before leaving out.

As I walked out, my team looked beautiful and dapper. I smirked as I felt Y/n's eyes on me yet couldn't say or do what she wanted due to being around everyone else. Once we were situated, we left the hotel and made our way to the van.

It took some time, mainly due to traffic and the event lineup before I was able to get out the car.

"Rihanna!" was all I heard while exiting the vehicle and walking on the red carpet. I looked over as Y/n fixed her earpiece in order to phone the other guards. I began to pose while photographers hyped me up or asked me questions.