Chapter 23

Y/n's POV
En Route to Memphis, TN
October 7, 2016

"Just a small town girl! Livin in a lonely world! I took the midnight goin-.."

"James, shut the fuck up!" I shouted as he sung another song while we were on the plane. He sucked his teeth before flipping me off. I rolled my eyes before getting back on my laptop.

As I continued to do my work, my phone rang and I smiled seeing my favorite person calling. I put it on speaker since I was busy.

"Good mornin, MawMaw!" I said happily. "You on speaker too so don't say nun too crazy." She sucked her teeth as I heard her doing the dishes.

"Girl, you don't run nun ova hea' first of all. But hey my grand baby!" I smirked while we talked.

"You good over thea'? I wanted to check on ya and let ya know we on the way." She hummed after I made my statement.

"I'm alright. Just happy you comin home at least fa ya birthday. I know you don't like doin nun wit a lotta people so I just invited some to the house this weekend." I nodded as I listened to her plan.

"That'll work. You gon make that stuff I like?" She sighed after I asked my question referring to the BBQ Chicken and Baked Mac and Cheese.

"I ain't gon do shit." I rolled my eyes internally as she countered. I don't know why she's lying. While we continued to talk, Robyn and Mel came from behind the back door before sitting around me. I felt her sit her head on my shoulder while she laid in exhaustion.

"Ion know why you frontin on this phone MawMaw like you ain't gon cook it." I heard her suck her teeth before Robyn playfully hit me.

"Fuck was that fa?" I asked her with a frown.

"If she say she ain't gone cook, then she ain't cooking." Of course, my grandma decided to turn on me and hype her up.

"Ya got that right, baby!"

"Aye, who side you on?" I asked while still on the phone.

"I'm on whoever on my muhfuckin side! You betta say that shit, girl!" Robyn only laughed as we listened to my grandmother and another one of her dramatic ass rants. "Matter of fact, she gon get a plate and you can drink some tea and be the hell still." She grabbed my phone before having a full blown conversation.

Oh I see they're the best of fucking friends now, huh?

"See, I think we'll be the best of friends, Ms. Linda." She teased while smirking at me. I brushed her off before I typed on my laptop.

"Chile, I already know cuz I only deal with the best." I snatched the phone from her phone before it could go any further.

"Oh shoot, what's that sound?!?! Bye MawMaw!"

"Girl you bet no-..." the phone immediately hung up before I put the phone on airplane mode to prevent it from ringing again. Robyn only looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Just for that, she gone whoop your ass through the door." I shrugged before closing my laptop."

"Doubt it."

——————————————————————-
"Aye! Stop Grandmama, Dang!" I said as I begged her to stop trying to beat me. As expected, I was fighting for my life through the door as everyone watch. She eventually stopped as I rubbed my back.

"You thought you wasn't gon get touched huh?" I rolled my eyes before flinching as she raised her hand. "Hang up on me again and that's yo ass." She said before grabbing my face. "I missed you so much, Pootie!" She kissed my cheek as I hugged her tightly.