Chapter 42, Part 2

Robyn's POV
Paynes Bay, Barbados

"Girl I don't know why you're mad at me, I at least told you the truth." I looked annoyed while listening to Veronica vent to me.

She continued to go on as I sat growing annoyed. All she did was talk about Y/n all the time.

She talked about her more than I did.

"What is your problem with her?" Silence flooded the room as she looked dumbfounded.

"Excuse me?" I then stood up and walked over to her.

"You heard what I said. You always talk bad about her. You've never talked about Drake, ASAP. Shit, not even Chris as bad as Y/n." I then got in her face as she looked elsewhere. "You act like you want her or some shit." She chuckled slightly as I waited for her answer.

"Girl, no one wants that nigga but you."

"Well stop bringing her name up so I know it's real." By now, she looked slightly offended as I went into my drawer to look for something.

"This is comical." I turned to her with squinted eyes. "I mean, I literally helped you find out she was still talking to that girl she used to mess with. On top of that, she was literally in and out like a nigga who got other bitches in different area codes I mean what else do you want to show that I'm loyal to you and only you?" I held the bridge of my nose before looking back up at her.

"You can get your ass up and go." Before she could let words slip from her mouth, she realized I was serious and did as told. She quickly left before I heard the door shut. Not long after, I sat down on my bed trying to recollect my thoughts.

Eventually, my door opened revealing Mel who looked at me curious of the conversation that just took place. "The fuck is going on, bitch?"

I flew my arms up trying to figure out the same thing. "Bitch I can't tell you much more than you know." She hummed before plopping onto my bed. We just laid there silent until she spoke up again.

"Oh, I gotta tell you some shit that just happen." I quickly looked up at her as she continued. "So, boom. Y/n forgot her dogtags and I called letting her know." I hummed slightly. "So then I wait for her to get her tall, ugly ass up here and.."

"Not too much on my baby." She smacked her teeth before continuing.

"Whatever, she's still a bitch. So then, she came up and I open the door and there she is, all in her dusty glory, and I hand them to her. We talk and I really wanted to get more of an understanding of why she became distant. She let me know that she was in Memphis on business but other times it was relating to the shit surrounding the harassment you've received from these past months." I nodded in understanding before asking her,

"So she can come to you no problem. Why couldn't she at least tell me that?" She sighed before looking at me sympathetically.

"It's easier to tell everyone but the subject at hand. I truly believe that she didn't want to fully stress you out more than you already were." I pouted feeling negatively about the entire situation. "Was it fucked up that she didn't tell you, even if it consisted of partial information? Yes. However, regardless of what you and her have going on, she still has a job to do which is to protect you."

I looked elsewhere as my thoughts began to circle in my head. I truthfully didn't give it too much thought, but I truly contributed to the hardships of her job. I shouldn't have been too comfortable with certain people and of course opened up a space for this fucked up shit to occur overtime.

"But anyways," I shook my head giving her my undivided attention again. "We talk and before she left, she mentions James' white ass and how he was quote on quote 'planning something for us'." I then looked on with a confused.