Chapter 38

Robyn's POV
Bridgetown, Barbados
January 8, 2017

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Through many dangers, toils, and snares
I have already come
This grace that brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright, shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we first begun
........
We sang the hymn that served as the introduction to the christening of my baby cousin, Nikolai. As the guests sang, I couldn't help but to steal glances at the interaction between Y/n's and Majesty, my younger cousin who I considered like a niece.

I smiled as Majesty played with my girlfriend's dog tags as she playfully pushed her small hand away. "Let me go, bruh." She whispered only earning a small laugh from the little girl.

As we sat in the pew, I laid my head on her muscular shoulder while lightly kissing her the side of her neck. I smirked as I noticed the hair on her neck stand up slightly. She leaned over to kiss the spot between my eyes and nose. "You teasin in church. That should be a doggone sin." I rolled my eyes while laughing lightly.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Before she could counter, my grandfather lightly hit Y/n's leg. "Shhhh." She cleared her throat before nodding at him.

"Sorry, PawPaw." Y/n said while I tried to hold in my laughter. She smacked her lips as we continued to listen to the sermon.

I saw as Majesty's small arm grabbed Y/n's larger one, indicating she wanted to sit in her lap. I gasped playfully as the child's vibe relaxed in her hold. "You trying to steal my girl, lil girl?" I poked her small nose making her laugh and tighten her hold on Y/n who was too busy listening.

As we continued to listen, the actual ceremony began and I smiled at the sleeping toddler we were here for. We watched as Nikolai was blessed with holy oil and baptized in the water before being lifted to examine the entire room.

We witnessed the final moments of the service before church let out. As we moved to the outside of the church, we were notified of lunch being served nearby at the attached auditorium. "Girl, it's hot as Satan's ass out here." I chuckled at Mel who was fanning herself with the church fan. As we walked over to the auditorium, Y/n was too busy holding Majesty and another one of my little cousins. They were laughing hysterically as she was running around with them like a big ass kid herself while wearing a white button down with slim-fitting dark grey slacks. "Look at her looking like a fun baby mama."

"Girl fuck you." I joked while keeping my eye on her. We then arrived at the location before grabbing a place in the lunch line to be served. The layout included rice and peas, steamed cabbage and carrot, jerk chicken, and other choices. We found a good spot to sit at under a large tree before we began eating. "Aye guh, eat ya own food!" Y/n tried to brush Majesty's hand away as she tried to steal a piece of chicken.

"No, your's is better!" They continued to fight like siblings before Y/n gave in and pushed it back. "Hea' girl, dang!" The small child laughed before tearing off a piece.

"One fa me." She playfully took a large bite before going in for another, a much smaller piece, and reaching out for Y/n who opened her mouth while holding a frown. "And one fa you." I then pushed the plate back to Y/n before Majesty's mom, Noelle, came over to get her.