Chapter 16

Y/n's POV
JFK Airport
May 29, 2016, Evening

Y/n's POVJFK AirportMay 29, 2016, Evening

"Wassup, J." I said to James as I got into the awaiting truck. After getting that call from J, I was able to get a flight immediately after getting to the airport. I also let Destiny know I would call her when I got everything figured out with work.

"Not gonna lie, I kinda missed you." I sucked my teeth as he began to laugh.

Guess all these niggas comedians and shit.

"Fuck you."

"Kinda don't roll like that, bruh. But umm, I understand why you would." He said while brushing his shoulder off playfully.

"Anyway, you been checkin on Geoff?" I asked as he nodded.

"I called up at the hospital but they said he still ain't woke up. I put my number and yours down on his call log just in case we gotta update." He explained as I nodded.

I honestly hated the predicament he was in. He literally gave me this job and helped get me settled into this career and I felt like I protected everybody but him.

"Don't be hard on ya'self." I looked over at James who looked at me worried. "You couldn't have knew that was gon happen. You did what you could and honestly you saved his life with the time we had left."

I bit my lip before looking out the window. We continued to ride through the city, however, we got caught in traffic.

"So, what happened wit yo phone? I know doggone well you ain't have it off that whole time?" He said as I turned back to him.

"Shi, ion know. But I swear I had that bitch on and charged. I thought maybe my charger was broken..."

"Or somebody turned it off." I then looked over at James who cut me off with his statement. I then furrowed my eyebrows trying to think over the course of my stay at Destiny's. "Not tryna be a vibe killa, but you don't think that girl turned yo phone off did she?"

"I ain't even gon front, it's a possibility but I ain't worried bout that right now. How Rih doin?" I asked him changing the subject.

"She good, I think. Wit everything that happened it's kinda on and off wit hea'. Just do me one thing though?" I hummed before he continued. "Please be nicer to hea'."

"What you mean?" I asked as he gave me a look.

"I mean exactly what I say. Y'all both got strong ass, shit! Too damn strong and plus she almost got shot. You gotta be patient with her for a couple of days. If you feel like sayin some fucked up shit, just walk out the room, breath, and explain how you feel but in a better way. If she do the same, do the same thing." I rolled my eyes but nodded. "And if you gotta run before she beat yo ass. You betta Usain yo ass outta there."

"Dumb-ass." I said to him as we laughed. Eventually, we got through traffic and were pulling up to her penthouse complex. I got my stuff after thanking, Rus, the driver. I took a breath before we walked into the lobby and then onto the elevator. It took a few minutes before we arrived on her floor and James went to knock on the door before someone yelled from behind.