Chapter 5

Y/n's POV
New York City
April 4, 2016

"Damn."

I whispered as we drove through the city I've never been to known as the Big Apple. I've always heard about how big and beautiful this city was, but I didn't expect it to look better than the stories.

 I've always heard about how big and beautiful this city was, but I didn't expect it to look better than the stories

"Based on your expression, I see you've never been here before." I sucked my teeth before looking back out. "Because you givin me my checks, I ain't gon say what I want to say." He laughed at me like I wasn't serious. "Question. Do you have a passport." I nodded as he smiled and wrote something down in his notebook.

"I got one when I was in the service."

"What branch? Army? Navy? Air Force?" I shook my head as he stated all the wrong answers.

"Nah, Special Forces." I then messed with the bracelet my grandma gave me as we continued to drive down each street of the city.

"Oh wow, that's something serious. How long did you stay in?" I sighed thinking about the events that transpired leading to my discharge.

"I did 5 years but I got discharged. Just been tryna figure my life out since then." He nodded at me while putting his notebook away in his bag.

"Isn't it 20-30 years before you can get out though?"

"Yeah, but that's a honorable discharge. I took a general discharge; it's kinda complicated though. When somebody get's a general discharge, they can do shit right but they ain't meet the other requirements like stay in for them x number of years. You gotta then send a reason in writing to the person over everything and they gotta sign off on it."

Before we could continue with the conversation, we stopped abruptly in front of this luxury hotel.

Well I be damned

Well I be damned.

"This where we stayin?" He nodded before we got out to get our belongings. "How much money this girl got, mane?"

"Enough to give you $15,000 monthly. Come on so we can get you situated." I thanked the driver before I wheeled my luggage and followed him into the hotel. We then went to the front desk before Geoff showed his ID and received an extra key giving it to me. "This is your's. We have two suites reserved for the group. A presidential suite for her and her crew and then one for the security team. Got that?" I nodded before taking the hotel key. We then waited on an elevator before getting on one.