Part 2, Chapter 1

Y/n's POVJuly 26, 2017Memphis, TN

Y/n's POV
July 26, 2017
Memphis, TN

"Good morning, Team!"

I received a plethora of responses as I entered the conference room of the Branston Group Headquarters. Though it was a small location, it was the beginning to the future successes and victories that I am hoping and praying for.

Though I had spent most of the time away, business was still being done. The apartment was continuing fine thanks to the adjustments that were made and my team. We've had 0 vacancies and the rent payments have been on time. As a result, the complex was expected to be refinanced by the end of the year so we can move forward and purchase another rental property and add to our investment portfolio.

While we have owned this piece of residential property, we have also purchased and become owners of a few commercial properties around the city. Those properties include gas stations, office locations, clubs, storage facilities, and studios. Though this investment type is riskier than residential, the returns are larger and quicker.

Plus, many of the properties were in distress due to poor ownership and rather than letting them rot, we bought them at discounted prices.

Why not buy them up to provide more aesthetic to the city itself?

Apart from the business, Robyn and I have been apart for over two months. Due to career obligations and my health, our schedules have been conflicting resulting in our inability to be together. However, we talk and FaceTime almost every day to check in on each other.

Though it was hard for the both of us, I had to beg her to return back to her business obligations since she didn't want to leave me. She was hesitant initially to have me return home and not to her homebase to not monitor my progress, however, it was for the best. On top of that, my granny and brothers made sure they would snitch on me to her if I was doing something wrong.

You know, like the ain't shit people that they are.

Let me stop before they jump my half-crippled ass.

Not only was my business beginning to boom, I also decided it was best to get my own place since I felt like I was stable enough to not live under my grandma's roof. Thankfully, it was in a nice suburb within the city, Germantown, which was about 20-25 minutes away from her.

Of course, she talked shit as I packed my things and prepared for my move-in, like most black parents or guardians did, but on the day of, she was silently crying. But I gave her a key and the alarm code as well as a room for her when she stayed over.

On a sidenote, Veronica, Destiny, Keston, and Randy were all arrested for their plot, but their trials haven't started yet. James would've been charged but he didn't make it long enough due to his injuries.

It somewhat angered me because I considered him a friend before I realized how much dirt he had done with the rest. But, the truth was the truth.

Regarding Veronica, she pleaded not guilty due to reason of insanity during the plea hearing. But respectfully, that bitch can go to jail and deal with Big Bertha and Debra. She tried to kill me after she killed the white boy. On top of that, she'd been plotting to hurt or even kill Robyn.