Part 2, Chapter 4, Part 2

Y/n's POV
Memphis, TN
August 12, 2017

I rolled my eyes as I watched the fakery commence in front of my eyes.

The ceremony was over, however, we were currently outside of the FedEx Arena so Trey could take pictures. The family gathered around him as he held up his degree folder while a stranger thankfully snapped a few photos.

I then walked off but before I could get comfortable, a phone was shoved in my hands before I heard the statement,

"Get us too, Y/n."

Before I could counter Shanda's request, I heard a throat clear behind me making me smack my lips at Ryan.

I got the camera ready and captured the picture of Shanda, Delores, Treveon, and a few more relatives from her side. I watched as they congratulated him and showed how proud they were of him.

I scoffed as they tried to appear as this supportive family that contributed to his successes. However, none of them even chose to check on him until recently.

I took a couple more pictures until I turned the phone off and gave it back to her. I then went over to Trey before saying,

"Aye, we gon head out now. Imma bring the car around and we can go back to the house." He then nodded before stopping me from leaving.

"You go ahead. I was gon head back with mama and she was gon do something at her house for me."

I quickly frowned at the mention of an event that was never mentioned to me. "I thought we was gon do sumn at my house?"

I sighed before looking back at me. "Nah, we can still do that but mama just told me it was a surprise thing. Maybe we can do it tomorrow or another day, yeah?"

I opened my mouth to speak however I was beaten to the punch by Shanda.

"So you plannin sumn and ain't tell nobody?" I asked as she sighed deeply.

"I'm sorry about that. It kinda crossed my mind as I was dealin with other things while havin something for him for his graduation. I can just move it to another day if you would like that?" Before I could answer, Trey cut in to say,

"Nah, nah. We don't mind, right Y/n?" He looked at me with hopeful eyes while Shanda waited on my answer with an equally hopeful expression. I bit the inside of my mouth before nodding.

Shanda smiled largely before thanking me. I then turned my attention to Trey before asking,

"You got a ride back or you need me to swing by when ya ready?"

"Actually... I was hopin y'all would come too?"

Nigga, you reaching!

Before I could give him a hard no, Ryan came in swiftly to intervene.

"What y'all doin over hea?"

"I was about to head out with mama because she's planning a party for me. I wanted y'all to come but I was waitin to see if y'all wanted to?" He looked at me before giving me a look.

"I'm wit whatever. You gon come?" I pushed the tip of my tongue in front of my front teeth before nodding slowly.

"Imma go but only for you." He smiled before hugging me tightly. "But I'm drivin my own shit because once I'm ready to go, I'm out."

"That's fine, I'll get the address and send it to ya." I rolled my eyes as we spoke some more. I then watched as Trey went along with Shanda and her side once they got done speaking amongst one another.