Chapter 9

Adrien spun his pencil in between his fingers. Felix sat next to him, taking Kagami's seat. She had gone out on a trip to visit her grandfather in Japan, so she'll be out for the weekend. Adrien was currently copying his notes for her. The sound of Felix's phone buzzing grabbed their attention.

"Is it Lila?" Adrien asked. Felix's frown had slightly lifted when he checked the screen. His cousin immediately hid his expression by frowning again. Adrien smiled. No matter how many times Felix may sound annoyed, he can't hide his feelings when he's happy. "She had dinner at your house last night, right? Did it go well?"

"Mother approves of her. Although I'm still a bit wary" He went back to looking at his textbook. "I get the feeling that her persona is an entire facade. She's constantly sucking up to me and anyone I introduce her to. I would just like to meet the real her"

"I'm sure you will" Adrien patted his cousin's back. "She's probably just worried she won't make a good impression on everyone."

"Maybe"

Adrien gave him one more pat on the back before going back to his work. He wondered how his soulmate would react to meeting his family. Would they be comfortable? Would they find the spotlight annoying? Because he sometimes does.

Bzzt. Bzzt.

His phone buzzed this time. It was a text from Kagami. She had sent a photo of a bakery. He could see a bit of her reflection on the shop's window. She was wearing a red and black kimono.

Kagami: This bakery was delicious. Remind me to bring you here.

Adrien found himself smiling at the text.

Make sure to bring me some before you come back!

"You're sickening" Adrien looked up to see Felix looking at him with a fake-disgusted look. "Just date her already"

"I told you, we're just friends" Adrien shook his head.

"Yeah, and I'm a superhero" Felix rolled his eyes.

"You would make a terrible superhero" Adrien laughed.

"And you would?"

"Of course! I would be the most charismatic superhero there is. Like... Todoroki Shoto" Adrien said.

"Pretty sure you mean Mirio. Todoroki doesn't mean to be charismatic, everyone else just perceives him that way." Felix froze as soon as he realized what he said. "Shit"

Adrien gasped. This was the first time Felix ever talked about anime. He poked his cousin with his pencil, a smug smile spreading across his lips. "You've been watching My Hero Academia, haven't you?"

"Shut up. Get back to work" The other blonde slapped his hand.

Adrien did as he was told only because the teacher walked back into the classroom. He made a mental note to tell the group about this character development.

----

Your leg shook up and down. The teacher's lectures became white noise to you. You were only looking at your phone that rested in the corner of your desk. The text you received last night was haunting your thoughts.

[Unknown Number]: Hi, (y/n), I'm Luka from Kitty Section. I got your number from my friend Rose, who got it from one of your friends during Chloe's party

You hadn't checked your phone the entire time you were with Marinette yesterday, so it was quite a shock when you did look at your phone the moment you got home. You remember your friends telling you about this. You just never thought it would happen.