Chapter 2

A smile crept onto Luka's lips as he spotted Marinette and his friends at the school's courtyard. He and his sister walked toward the group. They were talking to the school's "queen bee" Chloe Bourgeois and her two fellow minions, Sabrina Raincomprix and Lila Rossi. It seems like the blonde teen was bragging about her family's money yet again. She never fails to declare how she deserves the royal treatment because her father is the mayor and her mother is the second-most famous fashion designer in all of Paris (the first being Gabriel Agreste).

Luka patted Marinette's shoulder, causing her to jump out of surprise. She relaxed and smiled at the sight of him. "What's going on?" He glanced back at Chloe.

"Oh, nothing really, Chloe is just making another announcement about how she is much better than us" Marinette rolled her eyes.

"And much to my disappointment, daddy has decided to invite all of you to my grand birthday party this Saturday" The blonde snapped her fingers, signaling to Sabrina and Lila to hand out the invitations.

"I still can't believe she treats Sabrina like a slave while knowing she's her soulmate" Marinette muttered under her breath.

"I'm just shocked that we're invited to her party" Marinette's best friend, Alya Césaire, snickered. "Even if her dad was the one to invite us"

"Believe it or not," Sabrina walked up to them, handing them their invitations. "Chloe wants all of you to go to her party"

"Seriously?" Marinette raised a brow at her.

"Of course! We want to see all of your faces when you see us hanging out with all of Paris' high society" Lila chuckled, her mocking tone telling the group how little Chloe thought of them.

Luka noticed the way Marinette wanted to talk back to the girls. He placed his hand on her shoulder, grabbing her attention. "Don't bother. They're not worth it. We don't even have to go"

"That goes for you to say" The dark-haired girl sighed. "Either way, I think I would have to go - invitation or not. My parents are going to be in charge of catering and there's no doubt in my mind that they would want me to help them out"

"Then how about we do go but only because I know how much you're going to suffer if you're alone with Chloe and her entourage" Alya suggested. The group nodded in agreement.

"Thanks, guys. That would help" Marinette hugged her friend.

"Plus we could turn the tables and embarrass Chloe in front of all of those rich snobs she keeps bragging about" Alix gripped her fists. The group of friends shared a laugh.

The bell chimed and the crowd of students dispersed. Luka walked with Marinette behind their friends. His class is in the opposite direction, but he has made it a habit to walk with them. It's fine. He still - surprisingly - makes it to class in time. He smiled at her. "I guess we now have something to look forward to for the weekend"

"I guess so" Marinette shrugged. "I honestly don't really care for Chloe's rich friends. She goes on and on about them that I kinda tune it all out now"

Luka chuckled at that. He never pays attention to Chloe anyhow, so he understands Marinette in that sense. This party, however, could play in his favor. This could be his chance to ask Marinette out. He understands that her heart is already set on finding her soulmate, but he's hoping to just spend some time with her romantically before she does.

"Hey, so, uh," He clears his throat. They've reached her classroom by now. She fully turns to him. "Is it cool if we - um - go to the party together?"

Marinette blinks at him. She doesn't say anything for a second, and that terrifies him. Oh no. I ruined this. He was about to retract his statement when she finally said something.