Chapter 15

After a couple of moments, you and Luka were finally on call together. It wasn't a video call since you couldn't bear seeing one of your favorite musicians see the mess that is your room. Plus, it seems like he had that same reason too. He mentioned that his room was currently a mess due to all of the redecorating his mom was doing. You heard him laugh a bit as there was a woman's voice in the background. You could only imagine that it was his mother making fun of him.

"Anyway, this next EP is going to be focused more on love," Luka said. He grabbed his notebook that was full of song lyrics and melodies. He flipped to the pages to the songs that he and Rose have already been working on. "Rose figured that we do a different concept that isn't heavy metal or rock. She thinks it would be a nice change of pace or something like that."

"That does sound interesting." You agreed, leaning back in your desk chair. "Your fans recognize you for that screamo sound you usually do, so something like ballads or pop songs would be a sweet surprise to them. It would give them a chance to see a different side of you guys that they have yet to see."

"Exactly," Luka smiled. It's nice having someone understand his and Rose's musical intentions without him having to explain.

"Too bad my brain is fried on the topic of love," You sighed.

"What do you mean?" Luka turned around for a split second when he heard his bedroom door open. Juleka had come in to get her laptop and headphones. She gestured that she would be in the living room and he nodded his head. Once his sister closed the door again, he continued his question. "I thought you would be doing well in the love department. Especially after that new video of yours."

"Oh. You saw that" You waved off a maid that had come in to get you for dinner. She looked at the open notebooks on your desk and figured you were on call with a friend while studying. She nodded her head, bowed, and walked off. You sighed in relief when she closed the door.

You bit your tongue, wondering if you could tell Luka. You can't tell him the whole truth. That would involve outing Marinette's situation as well, and that's not your truth to tell. You could just lie and say that you have met your soulmate and are just going through a rough patch. But that could cause a misunderstanding if he told that to Marinette. It's not like you believe he would tell her, though. He doesn't seem like the type to reveal secrets like that. That could be the reason why you feel like telling him parts of the truth.

"I actually haven't met my soulmate yet," You said after a moment of silence. "The person I'm seeing is actually someone I met recently. She's really amazing."

"Oh" Luka's eyes widened a bit. He didn't expect you to be like him. He figured you'd be part of the majority of the people who seek out their soulmates. So the song you uploaded was about this girl you met... Interesting.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable"

"Huh? No. Not at all" Luka quickly responded. He hadn't realized that he was silent for a long time. "It's just... I didn't think you were like me."

"Like you?"

"I haven't met my soulmate either," Luka glanced down at his hidden tattoo. "And I have feelings for a childhood friend of mine"

"Oh," You got up from your seat and moved to sit by your bay window. You grabbed a pillow and held it on your lap. You weren't expecting that. After everything that Marinette had told you about him, you'd figure that he would be the type to cherish the hell out of his soulmate. But if he doesn't believe in the concept, then maybe... maybe you could ask for his opinion. After all, his reasoning could be something similar to your soulmate's. "Do you ever think about how your feelings for your childhood friend would affect your soulmate?"