Chapter 17

Adrien took deep breaths. The sound of his toilet flushing down the red peony flowers echoed in the bathroom. Today was another exhausting and boring day. He's been cooped up in his room, coughing out these flowers, and his thoughts only filled with questions for his soulmate. Who did they fall in love with? Are they in love? If not, why would they do this to him? Why would they want to hurt him like this?

He placed a hand on his heart, clenching onto the cloth of his shirt. The pain is unbearable. More questions of why came to his mind. He's trying to understand how this could have happened. Did his soulmate see him from afar and were disappointed? Or did they never want a soulmate? He honestly prefers the latter of the two. He'd rather never be wanted than believe that he wasn't good enough. He won't blame them if that was the case.

He probably wouldn't have time to spend with them because of his schedule. His dad wouldn't change his son's schedule for anybody. It doesn't matter if he met his soulmate. Gabriel will keep his son's work the same. That's why he has to sneak out to hang out with his friends. If he met his soulmate, and they see how little time he gets to have with them, they might get bored real quick. Adrien may live a life of luxury, but he is like a pet bird. Only let out for a while but always had to be put back in his cage.

Knock Knock

"Adrien?"

The sound of Kagami's voice took the model out of his thoughts. He got up, making sure he looked a bit presentable, before walking out of the bathroom. Kagami stood inside his room with Nathalie standing by the door. The moment Adrien walked out, Nathalie nodded her head at him and left the two.

"Are you still feeling sick?" Her voice was filled with concern.

"I'm getting better, I swear." He forced a smile.

She didn't believe him at all, but she knew better than to force the truth out of him. So, instead, she just walked over to him and gave him a hug. He was shocked at first but soon relaxed. She pulled away and smiled at him.

"Then does that mean you're well enough for movie night at Ruben's?" She glances at his outfit. A white shirt and grey sweatpants. He rubs the back of his neck.

"I can't. I have to catch up with school work." He glances over at his desk, where a bunch of textbooks and assignments awaited him. She let out a small laugh as she went over and began packing it all into a backpack.

"That's fine. You can just take it with you." She throws the bag over at him. "I'll even help you study."

"Are you sure?" He raised a brow. "We wouldn't be watching the movie at that point."

"Don't worry." She tapped his nose with her finger. It startled him a bit, causing a light blush to appear on his cheeks. "Cal and Ruben would have finished picking out what movie we're watching by the time we're done. You know how long they take."

She opened his bedroom and stood beside it, waiting for him. He couldn't help but laugh in agreement. He slung his backpack over his shoulders, slipping on some shoes, and followed after her. Maybe a night out would take his mind off things.

----

"Did you see his face just now?" Marinette laughed.

The two of you were currently cuddling on her bed, with you hugging her from behind and painting her nails your favorite color. You had just snuggled your head against her when your butler, Mr. Berg, came in to offer you both some snacks. He was immediately flustered at the sight. He's quite the old-fashioned type and commented that your bedroom door should remain open. As if that was going to stop you from cuddling your girlfriend.