Chapter 30

You arrived at the Couffaine's ship at the same time as Adrien, Kagami, and Felix. All of you walked onto the ship, amazed by the multi-colored boat. The sides looked to have been spray painted in a range of colors. You could see the stage set up from up on the bridge and noticed your group of friends helping with decorations and setting up the lights.

"Ahoy!" Cal waved at you from the top of the nest where he was tying some string lights to. As soon as he called out, everyone's eyes were on you. In a split second, you were quickly ushered onto the deck and surrounded.

Everyone was already getting to know each other, and many of Marinette's friends were excited to meet Adrien. They wanted to know if all of the stories Chloe spewed at school were true. It made your entire group of friends laugh at the absurd lies the blonde told. It should be noted that not all of them were lies - at least not the childhood stories Chloe had of Adrien - but they were exaggerated to Chloe's liking.

"Marinette is with Luka inside," Alya tapped your shoulder. She had noticed how you kept turning your head, looking to spot a certain someone.

"I'll show you," Juleka offered.

"Great, thanks." You turned to grab Adrien. "C'mon, it's about time you meet Marinette and thank her for all those pastries we got you."

Adrien's grin brightened at the mention of the girl. Owen and Kagami followed after the three of you, leaving the rest to continue chatting and setting up. Owen appeared next to you, wrapping an arm around your shoulder. He took out a box from his pocket and handed it to you.

"What's this?"

"A little something from the gang and I," he smiled. "To celebrate you finding a band to play with."

"Well, I don't know if they would ask me to join but who am I to say no to a gift." You smirked. He rolled his eyes and shook his head, bumping his shoulder with you. There was no doubt in his mind that you were going to join Kitty Section. He failed to notice how you paused in your steps, a churning feeling growing in the pit of your stomach.

Before you could even open the box to see what was inside, you had noticed a light glow coming from under the bandages that covered your tattoo. You slowly handed the box back to Owen as Juleka moved to the side to let you all into the living room. Your gaze locked on the two figures sitting on the sofa. Your heart stopped when you saw him.

You've only seen him that one time but you knew in your heart that you can recognize him anywhere. The image of him smiling and lovingly staring at a person in the distance has appeared in your dreams countless times. Fate had often filled your mind with the what-ifs of you two meeting. She made you dream of the chance of the two of you falling in love. She made you scream out all of your frustrations at him. But she never made you think of this scenario.

"I like you." Those sweet-spoken words were not directed at you. No, they were said to the girl next to him. The girl you have kissed and loved for weeks now. "I've had for a while now, and I know this might be bad timing since you're thinking about your soulmate, but I just needed to tell you that. It's okay if you don't feel the same. I just wanted you to know because I can't keep it in anymore. You're an extraordinary girl, Marinette. Clear as a music note, sincere as a melody. You have been the song I hear in my head since we first met."

And then you heard Adrien's breath hitch. You watched as his eyes widened and brighten up with that enchanted look that you've seen soulmates have when they find each other. You looked down to find that his tattoo was glowing. Dread washed over you and something snapped.

Marinette stood up and turned to look at you. But you saw how her eyes quickly darted to the blonde next to you. You recognized a flicker of love in her eyes before it transformed into fear. Then you saw him turn around as well, and all your attention focused on him. You hated the warm feeling that you got when his eyes met yours.