Chapter 4

Chloe's party was being held in the ballroom of Le Grand Paris. A DJ booth was set up on the stage while colorful lights flashed around the room. The dance floor was lit with LED lights that corresponded with the stage lights. Waiters walked around, offering drinks and hors d'oeuvres to the guests. There was a snack, dessert (with a chocolate fountain in the center), food, and drink bars to one side of the room. An ice sculpture of Chloe with a water fountain was even commissioned to be the centerpiece. Chloe sat at a throne-style chair with a group of butlers fanning her while Lila and Sabrina stood beside her.

Marinette walked out of the kitchen, holding a platter of banana tarts. She smiled at the guests as she walked through the crowds. She had taken notice of the lavish designer outfits that the majority of the guests wore. It made her wonder if Gabriel Agreste is around here. She's a big fan of his and would love nothing more than to show him some of her own designs.

"Marinette!" Alya called out to her.

She turned around to see her group of friends standing by the dessert table. Alix and Kim were gorging down on the chocolate-covered fruits. They even had bits of chocolate on their face.

"You hanging in there?" Alya asked. "You haven't met any snob rich folk, have you?"

"No. They all just seem to be gossiping" Marinette sighed. "But I'm honestly starting to get tired"

"Why don't you take a break?" Luka smiled at her. "We could go dance?"

Marinette shook her head. "I don't want my parents to be short-handed"

Luka felt bad. He wished he could help her, but then she'll be worried if he could handle the large crowd of the party, and he doesn't want to make her uncomfortable. She knows how serious she is when it comes to working. It's another thing that he admires about her.

"Have you met any of Chloe's rich friends?" Rose changed the subject.

"I've seen people with extravagant clothing, but none seem to have gotten Chloe's attention" Marinette shrugged. "Anyway, I gotta get back to work. I don't want my parents to see me slacking off"

"Alright. Good luck!" Alya waved.

"I'm going to ask Nino to play some of our songs" Luka looked at Juleka and Rose. "I saw some record executives here, so it'll be good if we could try to talk to them"

"Good idea" Rose nodded.

On the other side of the room, you and your friends entered the party. You glanced around, already recognizing the other rich families that liked to look down on you. If your parents had decided to come, they would have forced you to talk to them. Always make sure the vultures don't get the chance to nip at you. Your grandmother's words ran through your mind. The corner of your lips lifted into a smirk. Good thing my parents aren't here.

"Holy sh - Guys," Calixte nodded his head toward where the Agreste, De Vanily, and Tsurugi families were sitting and chatting. Adrien, Felix, and Kagami were looking around, making sure that Chloe and her minions don't notice them. "I know Gabriel is - like - the number one fashion designer in France but did he seriously chose that outfit for Adrien? He looks like he should be on the other side of a rainbow."

"Good thing I brought another set of clothes for him" Grace held up her large bag. "Ruben, Owen, Lucien, (y/n), go distract the adults and Chloe while I, Cecil, Manu, and Cal fix that fashion disaster"

"Yes ma'am" All of you split up.

Alya was eating a strawberry tart when she noticed two teen boys walk toward Chloe. They were dressed in semi-casual clothing, but she could tell that their outfits were more expensive than her and her friends combined. Judging by Chloe's not-so-happy expression, she could only guess that these boys must be some of the blonde's rich friends. Alya gathered her group and walked over to where Chloe sat.