Chapter 53

Callie's POV

Brandon showed up at the house. "Hey, B.. I'm sorry Sam isn't here." I say. He takes my hand. "Come." He rasped and I raised my eyebrows. He puts me in his car and I put my seatbelt on. I smile happily. "Where are you taking me?!" I exclaim. "It's a surprise..." He tells me. "I think I've had my share of surprises." I mutter. He starts to drive and I get comfortable with the seat. "We're always there, grandma." He jokes and I look at him sternly. He laughs his pearly white smile.

--------

He put a blindfold over my eyes and led me down a path. I felt the sun on my skin and the mud in my shoes. "Brandon," I say. I hear a door open and close and I knew we were in a building now. He takes the blindfold off and I look around the room. Hard hardwood floor, cement walls and a gallery photos on frames; my photos. That I took years ago. "Oh my.... What is all of this?!" I yelp in happiness.

"It's your own official gallery with all the pictures of memories. Of Blue. You have a right to remember her just like we all do. She's your only child and I could never take that away from you. You're a great mother and I'm sorry I told you otherwise.." Brandon apologized.

I walked around and smiled widely with tears surfacing in my eyes. There were pictures of Blue as a baby, walking, eating, playing, going to kindergarten for the first time, her bathtub, her first softball game, her awards etc etc... All the way to the day she graduated High School. "This is incredible, B.." I wipe my tears away and I hug him tightly. His arms wrap around me protectively and I smile in the comfort in his arms; The only man I've ever loved.

"I owed you an apology for beating your ass so... Happy early birthday!" We both laughed and he took his hand in mine. I felt the electricity. We looked at eachother in awe. "Apology accepted." I stammer and he let me go, walking away from his feelings and I follow him. "What are you afraid of?! Why are you scared to love me again?!" I yelled as we walked back to his car.

"I NEVER STOPPED LOVING YOU! NEVER CALLIE!" He yells at me. "THEN WHY WONT YOU KISS ME?!" I scream. "BECAUSE IM WITH SIERRA! BECAUSE I JUST CANT BE WITH YOU ANYMORE AND IF YOU KNEW MY REASONS YOU WOULDNT BE BEGGING THIS HARD!" He spits. I cry and we stand in front of his car.

"We can't keep doing this, Cals. You have to let this go..." He whispers, "I can't." He gets in the car and revs it up. I get in and put my seatbelt on. "Then I suggest you leave town because I've moved on." Lies. Lies. Pure bullshit coming out of his mouth. He takes me home and I get out the car, he gets out and stands by his car door. "Callie?" I turn to look at him. "Are you okay?"

I nod. "I'm just fine, B. Thank you for that present." I smiled fakely and he left my house, going out the big black golden gate. I lock the front door behind me and I fall to my knees, the tears finally fall and I cry. Cry until I fall asleep on the hard floor.

Brandon's POV

I laid my head against the head rest as I drove home to my daughter and my girlfriend. The tears surfaced in my eyes, seeing how broken Callie is. How broken I am without her and knowing my sickness wouldn't benefit neither her or me. I refused to hurt her with this news so I refused to tell her about my pneumonia. I needed her as happy as possible. I injected myself with the medicine.

The tears fell as I parked into the driveway. I wiped then quickly as I saw her, "Da-Da!" Eden walked down the front porch steps, she was walking now. Almost 1. She had Sierra's curls and my eyes. I grabbed her into my arms and kissed her cheeks. "Oh baby!" She pulled my hair and I kissed Sierras lips. "Did Callie like her surprise?" She asked me.

I nodded and drunk some water. "We also talked.." I whisper. I set Eden down and she runs around the house in laughter. "You did?" I shook my head, "You already know. I refused.. I'll keep refusing. I can't hurt that girl anymore then I already have." I sighed in sadness. Sierra kissed my temple. "Yet you constantly feel the need to beat her?" She whispers.