Chapter 22

Brandon's POV

I saw her leave. I coughed again, coughing, coughing loudly. I took out the napkin I had in my pocket. My coughing was getting worse, I knew it would. That's what the doctor said. I coughed into the napkin and I felt my chest heave. I spit into the napkin and I raised it away from my mouth, seeing the blood trickle down my lip and into the napkin, leaving it blood stained. My eyes widened.

I coughed again. More blood. I looked around, no one noticed my coughing and I ran out the court room into my car. I scrolled through my phone and I dialed the number. "Hello?" She answered. "Hey..." I whispered. "It's been too long, B." She said, her voice. I couldn't deny that I still loved her. She was my blood, she was my little sister. "I'm dying, Lily a--and I need to speak with you before this all goes underway." I croaked, coughing some more. There was silence. "You know where my house is." She said. "How could I forget?" I turned the car on, hung up and headed North.

I parked in her driveway. I walked up the creaky porch steps and the door opened, "Hello, Brandon." My eyes widen. "What are you doing here?" I asked him. Lily came up behind him, wrapping her arms around his neck, kissing his neck. My mouth hung open in shock. "Oh my god.... When did this happen?" Lily had to think. "A while ago, hehe." She told me. Ricardo kissed Lily's lips. "I'll be home later," He patted my shoulder, "Nice to see you again, man." He left and Lily invited me in. We sat on her couch.

"So about what you told me on the phone, is it true?" She played with her hands, I nodded with my eyes closed. I refused to look at her as she learned the truth. I didn't look at her, she took my hand and she hugged me in arms. I hugged her back and she sniffled. "What is it?" Lily asked me, I coughed again. "Pneumonia.." She handed me a napkin, "We can still get you to doctor. We can still save you. If it's treated, you can live!" Lily stood and I told her sit. "No..."

"What do you mean no?" Lily looked at me like I was crazy. I coughed into a napkin as the blood trickled, she cleaned my mouth for me. "I've lived a good life, Lily. It's time for me to go." She was furious with me. "NO! You're young and talented! You have so much to live for!" She screamed at me. "I do but without love what's the point of any of this? I don't wanna live anymore, I surrender." Lily sat again and stuffed her face into my neck and cried, weeped loudly as I held her by the waist.

"Shh...shh... It's okay, baby." She sniffled and kissed my cheek. "Alright, I understand.. Why'd you come here, then?" She asked. "Because you are the only one that knows and I didn't wanna die and not be okay with you. I want to make amends, I want to say I'm sorry. I want to be that big brother that I never was to you." I got up and she took me to her backyard, a perfect view of the lake. We sat on the nice porch. "Im sorry, B." I turned my head to look at her. I smiled and kissed the palm of her hand. "Seriously, I'm sorry for what I did to your family... I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for making you think that I was an awful person." Lily cried.

I scooted next to her and let her head rest on my shoulder. "Oh no my dear.... Don't blame yourself. It's okay. I love you, Lily." I kissed her hair, "I love you too, big brother." She whispered back. We stayed there, looking at the lake for hours. Not moving or talking. Just being with eachothers. "When was the last time we had a moment like this?" Lily whispered. "A long long long time go." I huffed in humor.

------------

I left the after 3 hours. I kissed her forehead. "I'll see you later," she punched my shoulder. "Oh wait! How's Blue?" Lily asked me. "She's left town again. The guys are coming back here. I forgot to ask you... You and Ricardo up for some good old time killing?" Lily blushed. "That sounds like a normal family activity." we laughed and I coughed again. She frowned and held my hand tightly. "It's okay, B." She whispered. "I know." I told her. "I'll call Ricardo now, I'm sure he'd love too. He misses those days with you." I squinted my eyes at her in happiness. I left her house and Mat called me while I was on my way back to the main road.

"Hey, man. What's up?" I answered. I coughed again as I drove. "B! We gotta do this now!" He screamed, I pulled over the car in a hurry. "Wait.. What?!" I was confused. "The President fucked us over, he's leaving office!" Mat screamed. I ran my finger through my hair, my life was turning completely around. "We gonna do this for sure?" I asked. "Yeah, we got too.. He's gonna kill us." I sighed and hung up. I called Sam. "Sup! Dad!" She exclaimed happily. "Sam! Remember when I told you to pack that emergency suitcase in case Plan 606 went off?" She nodded. I felt her voice shake in fear, "Y--Yeah?"

"Get it... Meet me at the airport with your mom." I said, she told me loved me and hung up the phone. The anger brewed up in me and I balled my fist up, punching my steering wheel. I bruised them and beat them until my knuckles bled. I started coughing again and my lungs began to collapse, I opened the car door and I puked blood and food.

Fuck.

A/N: LILY!!! I've missed her! Now you know the truth about Brandon.....

I'm sorry.