Chapter 70

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear, JB! Happy birthday to you!" Everyone applauded happily, Blue and Cali King blew the candles out for him JB giggled happily at the noise and his parents presence. I was back in town for a day to celebrate, Blue ordered me to come back and be there with her for this special day... I was a sucker for her. I couldn't turn her down sometimes.

I drunk my beer slowly as I sat the table, analyzing everyone from afar. Sam strides to me and grabs my hand. "Welcome home!" She smiles and kisses my cheek. "I'm not exactly home... I go back tomorrow morning, I have business to take care of back in Iraq." I tell her. "Don't worry about that today! It's our nephews birthday. You missed Eden's first birthday. We're all glad you could be here." Sam smiles. Jesus wraps his arm around her and agrees. "Yes... We're very happy that you're here." James interrupted us. They left us alone and take a slug from my beer.

"Congrats... A son is a proud achievement." James taps his beer with mine, "Salud." He drinks and looks at me oddly. "Got a problem?" I bite my lip in frustration. "You make one move on my wife and you will be sorry, captain." I chuckled and looked down at my feet, he was gazing at me. "What the fuck are you talking about?" I husk. "Oh what?! You think I can't tell.... You think I'm an idiot! You're in love with her.. With your sister--!"

I put my beer down in rage. "She isn't my sister!" I yell. "Of course she isn't.. Just like Callie isn't your mother and Eden and Sam aren't your sisters." He laughs at me. "Stay away from my wife... Only warning im giving you." He warns. "And if I don't? My field of work can have you arrested! You and your whole little posse, Jefferies!" I yell. He squints his eyes and he pulls his shirt up.

Approaching me, pressing his chest to mine and whispering in my ear. "Make a move and you will be sorry.... You don't know my power, Kevin. I can make your whole field go down from the ground up. The military isn't shit compared to what I can do." I press my hand to his chest and he freaks out, pushing me hard off him and I hit the table, breaking it and falling to the ground. "DONT YOU EVER TOUCH ME THERE!" He screams loudly and the guest begin to stare.

Dad and Mat walk over. So does Blue and Callie, Sierra and Taylor. Mat helps me up from the ground and I clean myself off. Blue comforts him and my nose flares in anger. "He touched me! ON MY CHEST!" He screams at her. James was in rage and about to have a mental breakdown. Blue helped him sit. Mom rubbed my back and i retreated. Going into the house for some cake.

"HEY!" Blue screamed after me. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT?! YOU REALLY LIKE TO RUIN EVERYTHING FOR ME, DONT YOU?!" She screamed at me. "ME?! WHY DONT YOU GO TALK TO YOUR HUSBAND?! HES THE ONE WHO SET ME OFF!" I screamed. "BECAUSE I TOLD HIM TOO! I WANT YOU TO BACK OFF! You're still my family that'll never change but I want you to act like my brother or I have no choice but to make you regret it..." She whispers.

"You want me to stop trying to seduce you or you're gonna order The Kings to kill me?" She stayed silent and bit her lip. I chuckle and cross my arms. "This wasn't gonna be a big deal! If he hadn't freaked out that I pushed him... Who cares if I touched his chest?! He has issues!" Blue defended him. "NO! YOU HAVE ISSUES BECAUSE IF YOU KNEW WHAT I KNEW ABOUT THAT MAN, YOU'D THINK A LONG TIME BEFORE TOUCHING HIS BODY! THAT GUYS BEEN THROUGH HELL!" She screams at me. The arguement was audible from outside, everyone stared.

"But I LOVE YOU--!" I try to express. "OH!! LET THAT SHIT GO, KEV!!!! WE ARE ADULTS! WE HAVE FAMILIES! I HAVE A SON, I HAVE AN AMAZING HUSBAND! STOP ACTING LIKE WE'RE 17! STOP BEING A FOOLISH CHILD AND GROW UP!" She stomps out of the house and I grab my phone from the table, blowing Mom a kiss and walking to the front of the house, I got in my car and left the premises.

Blue's POV

Sam hands me JB and I smile at him happily. Taylor and Mat discard of the broken table and the music plays again as the kids run around the beautiful yard and our family eats happily, conversating. I walk up to James whose still sitting down, catching his breathe. "Daddy..." James smiles faintly and taks his son in his arms, "Happy birthday, champ." I look at his broken eyes.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him, he pulls me in and kisses my hair. "I think I'm okay... I almost really lost it. I was about to start crying, Blue. I thought I was gonna kill him! How--How can he touch me... How?!" James closes his eyes to process the experience and I hug him tightly. "He's gone, okay? No one is ever gonna touch you, never. Not unless you want it." I stand on my tippy toes and kiss his lips, laying my hands on his shoulder blade.

A King comes up to him and whispers something in his ear. He hands me JB. "Enjoy the party." I pull him back. "Where are you going? It's your sons birthday." I frown. "I'll be in the front driveway.. I ain't going nowhere." He assures me. "What's wrong?" I bite my lip in curiousity. "Work. No business of yours, Blue." He walks off and I look at JB whose gurgling happily. I kiss his temple and I dance back to the family, as he jumps in my arms. I laugh.

-------------

James POV

"God fucking dammit! Freddy!" I yell as I enter the house. I was still trying to catch my breathe with the surprise touch from Kevin. My nose flared and I went outside to the front driveway. Luis and Freddy next to me. The rest of the boys were keeping the guest company but always on the move. She walks up my house, wearing a mini skirt, a blouse and red 6 inch stiletto heels, showing off her curvy body and white, creamy legs. Fuck! She was sexy as fuck! She looks at me and cocks her eyebrows.

"Cali King..." She speaks, her Spanish accent, she was from Argentina.. Like Brandon's boys, Jose and Ramón. Her voice soft, demeaning and firm. I approach her and shake her hand. "Camila.." I bite my lip in anger and frustration, Camila smiles and I take a step back. "Why are you here? This isn't the place to discuss--" She stops me. What the hell? No one stops me from talking! "I came with a proposition, James." She talks over me rather forceful. Luis never stops looking at her legs, shaved and smooth. She was glorious. Her brown curls touching her shoulder blade, her red lipstick and white skin. The sun shun on her perfectly, reflecting her.

"What is it you propose, Camila?" I ask her. My voice was husked and it meant get down to business. Camila sat on the hood of some random car, crossing her legs. She was trying to seduce me.. What a bitch, I smiled lightly. She smiles back and I speak with no pause, "¿Quieres hablar en Español?" I say. She nods. "Entonces... ¿Que es lo que proponés?" I ask her. I didn't notice her angry brewing.

"Quiero la muerte de tu esposa y tu hijo.. Ademas que te sacrificio por ellos.." I look at her confusing. "You want that?! Or Liam does?!" I spat. "Both of us..." She giggles. I bite my lip and anger and I snap my finger, Kings erupt from the trees and bushes, holding up guns at her. Camila laughs at me. "AND IF I DONT?!" I spat. "Then you will die for them... It's either your family or you." I gulp, I feel a weight on my shoulders, my chest collapse and I fall to my knees, on the hard concrete.

"BOSS!" Freddy moves to me and tries to help me up. "I have to die? To keep my family safe?" Camila nods her head. "And you swear they won't be hurt?" I ask. She nods, "BOSS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Luis screams, I ignore him. "Deal..." I tell Camila. She claps her hands together, "WONDERFUL! Liam will be so happy!" She gets off the hood of the unknown car and stomps her heels on the pavement, leaving my home.

Blue comes out of the house and sits with me on the concrete. "The guest are leaving? Why are you like this, what happened?" I smile and kiss her forehead, pulling her into me and giving her a strong hug. "What's wrong, James?" I shake my head. "I'm so happy.." I whisper and we kiss as we see the guest leave. "Have a safe drive!" Blue hugs her parents and Sierra. I smile at them faintly, far too worried about what the hell was gonna happen to me.

I say goodbye to Eden and Mariana, Mat, Hunter and Jose and Ramón. Taylor was last to leave but Brandon grabbed me, my lip quivered in fear and I think I broke down in tears right in front of him because he knew. "Liam called me and told me... Don't worry.. Please don't worry, James." I look up at him. "How can I not worry? This is my life... I'm giving it away to make them survive!" I spat in a hushed tone. "That's the only thing a real man can do... At this point." He gives me advice, "What do I do, Brandon?" I asked in fear.

"Enjoy life... Take it as its given to you, boy." He smiles, "I can't.." I tell him. Brandon hugs me, fatherly. "You're a tough guy, so you might as well swear to me.. Swear to me that you'll live." I pause and gulp, "I swear." He clasps his hands on my shoulder in comfort and gets in the car with Callie, driving off. Blue kisses my lips and grins at me. "Thank you for making this day so beautiful." I pat her hair and play with her fingers. "I love you. I love him." I look at JB sleeping in her arms soundly, drooling on shoulder. "And we love you." We kiss and I enter the house.

A/N: James? Dying? That's not good!