Chapter 55

Blue's POV - Paris

We were having my bachelorette party in Paris tonight. Just us girls. James paid the trip for all of us so we could all have fun tonight. My last night as a free woman. We all walked into the French restaurant. Good thing I learned French when I was a girl. It was me, Sam, Sierra, Mom, Teresa, Grandma Stef and Lena, and Mariana. We all sat down, "Welcome ladies, who is the bride?" The owner of the restaurant asked us.

I raised my hand. "Me," he smiled at me softly. "Welcome, Future Mrs. Jefferies. What would you and your guest want for dinner this pleasant evening?" He asked, he had a thick english accent but I smiled and they all ordered. "Thank you." He walks off.

Our food was served and we all began eating. "I think we should tell stories and make a toast to Blue." Sam suggested. Everyone mumbled and Aunt Mariana put her cup of champagne up. "I have a story.." She tells us. I look at her. "I was with James the other day and we were talking about the wedding stuff and I asked him he how felt toward it.." I placed my hand on my belly.

"He told me exactly how he felt and I saw the love in his eyes and it's crazy how he explains his love for you, sweetheart. I've never seen a man so in love except my man--" We all laughed. "--But he loves you. So much and I hope you know that." She tells me, I nod and I blow her a kiss. She laughs at me and everyone goes around telling their stories.

Sierra was sitting next to me, she leans toward me and whispers to me, "Want me to tell the James story?" She asks. I look at her confused and I finally understand what she's talking about. I nod and she puts her cup of champagne up. "James wanted to marry her years ago..." I knew the story Sierra was about to tell. "What?! Really?!" Everyone exclaimed at the table.

"James knew Blue when they were teenagers back when Shield was married to Callie and he fell in love with her. He called me and B when we were both in Iraq with Ricardo and told us all these stories about her and how he was so in love with her.. And I'm telling you all this story because it's crazy what time does and what the right time does for 2 people and im so happy for you..."

Sierra smiles. "Blue, you have a beautiful family and a beautiful life and you're gonna marry a great man and you're gonna have a fabulous child together and I just wanted to wish you all the best and wish you many many years together." Sierra hugs me tightly and kisses my cheek. "Thank you," I say. "Salud!" The guest raise their glasses and I raise my glass of water because I couldn't drink alchohal due to my pregnancy.

Mom stood, randomly. Her face was complexed and seemed destroyed ar the thought that I was marrying a man she hated. "I--I just wanted to say that I love you.. I truly love you so much, baby." I nod and smile at her compliment. "Your happiness is my blessing and im glad to know that it's James' blessings now. May God with us you both as a newly wed couple and may God with us all." Lies... She was lying through her teeth but I guess it was just because she wanted to get through the night. She taps her glass. "Salud!" We say happily. The night continued and it was one of the best nights of my life.

-------------------

Barcelona - 2 days later.

Me and James talked about where the wedding location and we all agreed with La Sagrada Família. It's where my parents married. It's where there was once happiness between both families. I was happy. We were both happy. Being 5 months pregnant and putting your wedding dress on was not the way I wanted it to go down but I touched my round belly and knew that this what God wanted. Mom came into the room and smiled at me. "You look beautiful, baby." I smiled and turned around, giving a warm hug. "Heard from Kev?" I asked.

"He sent you this.." She hands me an envelope. I open it and read it in my head, trying not disturb the tranquility that was around me:

Dear Blue and James,