Chapter 77: Truck

Y/N's POV

We walked to where Ava said the trucks were. We see on truck. The place are surrounded by a gate.

Javi: Clem, Y/N, you guys come with me to get the truck. Gabe and Kate, you guys hang back here. Be ready for anything. Lee, Kenny, Duck, Carley, and Sarita, you guys too.

Carley: Yeah, we'll keep a lookout.

As we were about to go. Gabe speaks.

Gabe: I think I should go with you, actually.

Javi: That wasn't the plan, Gabe.

Clementine: Yeah. I already feel fine with Y/N watching my back.

Y/N: And to be honest, I feel like you will fuck everything up, like how you got Javi's arm fucked.

Gabe glares at me and gives Clem a sad look. Me, Clem, and Javi go in.

Timeskip to where we get the truck and are in it.

The five of us are in the truck waiting for Ava to radio us. Javi was in the drivers seat. Kate was in the passenger seat. Me, Clem, and Gabe are in the back. Everyone else was waiting outside. Gabe was not facing us and was ignoring everything.

Y/N: I hope we can just get this over with and get out of here.

Clementine: Same, we need to find AJ.

Y/N: Yeah, he needs us.

Clementine: I really miss him.

Y/N: I know. I do too.

Clementine: I don't know if the ranch is even safe.

Y/N: Whatever happens. I want to tell you, I love you.

Clementine: I love you too.

We kiss each other. We hear Ava on the radio. She was explaining that they were planning on killing David in front of a crowd. It even sounded like a crowd there. Then the radio cut.

Kate: I'm gonna hang back here, with the truck.

Javi: Keep the walkie close by. We'll tell you as soon as we've got David.

They both kiss.

Kate: Good luck.

Everyone except Kate gets out of the truck.

Lee: We going?

Y/N: Yeah. Ava called.

Clementine: Sounded like she got cut off by something... or someone.

Kenny: I hate not knowing what happened.

Javi: Ava could be having problems with the walkie-talkie. Maybe it's out-of-range, or it ran out of batteries, or something.

Gabe: We're not gonna know what went wrong until we actually do this thing. So let's do it already.

Y/N's thoughts: Heh, someone is not in a good mood.

We all start walking to town square.