Chapter 108: Truth Or Dare

Y/N's POV

We all walk out of the dorms and into the courtyard. Everyone was working on their own things. We were ready for the raiders.

Clementine: You ready to work today, kiddo?

AJ: Bad dreams always make me more tired.

Y/N: Same here.

AJ: I slept better in your bed.

Me and Clem were glad to hear that.

AJ: It's my turn to be on lookout.

AJ then heads off to the watchtower, where Tenn is also at. We spot Louis and Violet arguing at the admin building.

Louis: I have other stuff that I need to do.

Violet: What stuff?

Louis: Nothing, it's just...It's important.

Violet: Goddamn it, Louis, take this seriously, for once in your life!

Louis: I've been taking this seriously for fucking days! Almost two weeks!

Violet: So has everyone. Get over yourself!

Louis then walks away. Violet sees us and walks over.

Violet: Hey.

Lee: I thought Lilly and Abel would show up days ago.

Carley: I have a bad feeling about this.

Violet: I don't like it either. It should give us more time to prepare. But all of this waiting is making everyone on edge.

Y/N: Need help?

Violet: Yeah. Could you guys check on everyone, and make sure they're doing shit right?

Clementine: Sure, we can do that.

Violet: Thanks. I'll go board up the back hallway, since Louis won't do it.

Violet then walks away. I see Louis with Marlon's bow and arrow, he is not doing well with it.

Y/N: I'll go talk to Louis.

Clementine: We'll go talk to the others.

We split as I walk up to Louis. Louis is still missing his targets with his arrows.

Louis: Shit!

Y/N: You okay man?

Louis: In a few weeks, or days, or hours, the raiders will be here, burn down our place, and steal or kill us. And then it won't matter how much I sucked at this.

Y/N: That's not gonna happen. We won't let it.

Louis: You sound like Marlon. When he tries to cheer us up. For years, I sat around making stupid jokes, playing stupid games, while my best friend was left with all the responsibility.

Louis misses the target again.

Louis: All the tough calls.

He misses another one.

Louis: All the sleepless nights.

He then hits the edge of the target.

Louis: And eventually, a bullet to the head. And I didn't do a damn thing about it. And then, when you tried to tell us what he was really like, and AJ shot him, I blamed all of you. If I could take it back, I would.

Y/N: We understand why you were angry. We forgive you.

Louis: He was my best friend. Almost like my brother, but the things he did? They were fucked up. I'll never be glad he died. But I understand why AJ thought it was the right thing to do.