Outcast

Dear, Journal

Peyton is finally two, and I'm a sophomore in college. Ross and I just recorded her first few steps and of course I was all mom - dramatic. I never thought about it all. I'd get to do her hair, kiss her off to her first day of school, and even have a little man of my dreams along the way. Psh, the man of my life. I lost my card to him, and that Austin and I thing was just a mistake since we're being honest. Now I know. All of the pain was just a temporary block. For all of this. Seeing our child walk today brightened my horizons. This writing thing has come so much more easier. And with that, watching my best friends Nina and Allie grow into what they are today, reminded me that everyone is growing in way. Nina with Austin, and Laura working for Allie and Dana. It made me realize everyone grows everyday. I'm a mom. Of course I've grown, and there are tears on this paper. Tears of joy.

Then there's Ross. Before him, I can't quite say I believed in myself like he believes in me. I mean, of course I knew I was bad ass but he's the first to tell me. He made me realize the status quo actually makes you miss out on the greater things in life. Love. Being a outcast wasn't so bad. "I'd rather be outrageous than just another door closing again. I'd rather be a rainbow than just another shade of gray," thank you Glee. I'm all adulty, but Glee is still a pretty damn good show.

I've grown in the best possible way. And... I'm proud.

So it's not rather you win or lose that matters.

It's how you play the game.

Love, Maia Mitchell