C35 - How I Spent My Holiday

Dear, Journal

I've made it barely!!! Christmas as a senior, the years are going by so fast.

Besides Thanksgiving for me, we all know Christmas is number one of the list -- unless of course you're a Halloween addict. When I was a little girl, I was just in it for the candy -- but Christmas? Seemed to be the only holiday where I felt cherished. Oh, holy night hoes! I even missed Hailey pulling things over me when I'm sleep, dad and mom telling us about their Christmas' together when they we're younger. Even sharing my new found gifts with Nina and Allie. And maybe this time around, I could have or do some of those things again.

But of course my school has to do the most ... "again"

After prom, Unison takes place in double the more events, and sadly, I didn't think I'd be making an appearance to any of them. The last time I came to a party, I ran out shouting -- no way, am I wasting my voice again. So first things first is the Winter Formal (borringg) Masquerade dance, then it's the father - daughter thing, and the next day the father - son thing and the same with the mom's (which will be awkward for me) since I am 1. Not going and 2. I am my own mom. Then there's the 1930's dance which is stupid to me (Why do we have to dress like our teachers?) Hey, just saying.

But the best party of all? Graduation. Which was next month and I couldn't wait to feel the butterflies of our moment of diplomas and speeches. I haven't written mine out yet, but I have a good idea on what to say. CHEERS TO GETTING OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL!

Love, Maia

Christmas Morning - Living Room

Snowing outside.... I couldn't imagine anything better....

Dad was holding Hailey up so she could put the glowing star on top of our new tree that was quite expensive and was "quite" on me. Yeah, I wanted this Christmas to be perfect, and ever since Hailey found out Santa wasn't real since she was ten, I've been suffering. Its like she's been PMS'ing over Santa Claus, I mean I wasn't one of those kids who believed. But hey, anything is possible.

It took years of decorations and lights that kept blinking out, but we managed to get through with it, without Hailey watching us and farting on the couch... classic sister.

We were in the living room, in pajamas, coffee, cards, and a stack of presents under the tree. This was the way the Mitchell family rolled. Of course we had to read off what has been happening in our lives to our dear old irrelevant father, but I decided to pass this year. My life involved condoms and misery ... so yeah, that's, that.

"So I've been making a lot of new friends this year, and I have a billion crushes." Hailey went on. Did she want to mention she's been on pot since day 1, which I think she stopped doing?? "And I've been staying out of trouble now, cause all of that won't bring mom back."

She crossed her arms together and went straight to her presents. Hailey's speeches are fast and fake, but you have to admire her poker face. Oh, that kind of rhymed, I laughed to myself unwrapping my presents with the words SABRINA written on them.

"Your soo funny dad."

"Dad?" Hailey said looking over at me, while still un rapping her present.

"Of course." I rolled my eyes.

"OH and Hailey, I couldn't get you those porn videos you wanted..." Dad showed her, her list she took the time to write, whereas I was to mature for "list," and at that, porn videos. (I think it was a joke) (I hope it was a joke)