C17 - Moments Of Truth

Sleepover At Nina's

Dear, Journal 

There are a lot of words I could describe how this night is going to end. Allie and Nina could probably end up hating me, including Austin. Who knows how Ross will take this... I'm just sure know one will be laid back, about me leaving as long as I've been here to stay.

I'll fill in what happens later. Until then...

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* . *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Get your face out of that book!" Emily 'Em', Allie's friend, said loathing my attention. "Its not a book... its a--" Em cut me off. "Its a distraction...Its time to do Karaoke... Nina and Allie signed you up, to do Lady Gaga Paparazzi..."

What? I looked over the crowd, and spotted Allie and Nina looking cheerfully at me, putting their thumbs up.I put two and two together... It was weird seeing their satisfaction, as they knew I wasn't into singing- in front of people anyway. "No way," I said, trying not to act upset. Em pulled me out of Nina's comfy couch, and onto her expensive pink bed. A microphone stand was on the bed. Two, in fact. "You ready?" Em said. 

I wanted to run off the bed. I was seriously uncomfortable, as everyone starting staring. That's when I saw the terrorizing, bitch, and worst judger of all bitchy D... and Anna and Wendy. (minions) I was starting to feel like this was all a set up, for my embarrassment. This was not even planned... but know... It was my friends sleepover... not a set up? Why not have fun, I thought... oh yeah, cause my mortal enemy was looking me right in the eye, with her makeup once again flashing. They all folded their arms. Dana shouted. "ARE YOU GONNA SING," She continued "IF NOT, YOU CAN GET YOUR SCARED ASSES OFF THE STAGE! Not even that. A freaking bed. If your too scared, Let some real performers come up!"

My anger was really catching on, as I nodded my head to Em, without thinking anymore.

Nina ran over to the TV. She was using on Demand, and started playing the karaoke... The music started to play. I might've been frightened, but the displeasure of Dana's presence, for some reason made me want to outshine her... even if I was doing this in pajamas, and my hair in a ponytail.

Emily started in, as I followed her lead. We we're singing the first verse together, when the chorus started to play... "Cause you know that baby I..." And from their I was off and singing by my self, facing the audience without puking on them. Em and I swayed to the sides of Allie's bed, as I finished the chorus. "You can take it from here, Maia..."

What... wait, I thought... As I tired to follow her off the bed, but she pushed me back on the 'stage' and told me "Show them who you are.."

I realized what she meant. All year, I wasn't participating in anything, well... cool. I know be yourself... and whatever... But for what? Cause of Ross... cause of my mom... I learned I had to let go... I faced the crowd and swayed by myself... without Em.

"I'll be your girl, backstage at your show..." The audience started to dance, with one another. But Dana and her minions we're whispering... well yelling, sort of. Dana was grabbing hold to the two. Wendy and Anna had looked at her like she was crazy. "I want to dance... that's what I'm going to do!" The grip loosened, as the minions danced with each other, leaving Dana, to vanish out the bedroom.

I was still singing, and saw all of that at the same time. I was proud of the minions... I mean Wendy and Anna..."I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me, papa-paparazzi," I continued. I saw Nina and Allie rush up to me, smiling. They joined me, standing side to side with me. They started swaying along with me.