C33 - Kiss Limelights Goodbye

New York City - Limo

Dear, City

You can't sleep and expect to win.

Writing in Jacksonville was nice, but writing in an elite dress, with elite people, and elite transportation, New York topped Jacksonville by so much.

I haven't told you all everything -- in fact, not much of anything -- and maybe it was because I wanted to prove a point, but life in the city wasn't easy. I might've had a roommate, but that still meant I had to pay to stay.

When I first arrived in Manhattan, I had no idea what to do, but to go sightseeing. Surprisingly enough I started freezing, eventually thinking that I had made the worst mistake in my life. People we're trying to snatch my purse, they we're knocking me down in the big crowds. But in my imagination, I still ruled the city. I was walking in higher heels, changing my name. I felt like if I didn't say my name was Maia, it didn't have to be true. That my entire past could vanish... and it did. Maybe you can run away from your problems.

So call me Sabrina.

The mistake?
Telling Ross I didn't love him, when of course I did. But sometimes if we really love some one... we let them go. Leaving Nina, Austin, and dare I write her name Allie... behind, and most importantly my family before Thanksgiving. But what better way to come back and say my book is being published and edited?

But Victoria found me, like it was destiny, and asked me did I run of away, when I landed myself at New York's central park sobbing in defeat. I went with something like that, and here I am? Who knew my lying skills from junior year would pay off?

Since Nina loves page six by the way I could see her basking in my glory now. But meanwhile, I was heading to a mystery interview with Victoria and her over-aged friends who are making out with each other right now. How lovely.

I want to change the world.

Love ---

"Sabrina," Victoria tried to look at my journal, but I shut it closed.
"Yes?" I said smiling. Whenever Victoria said "Sabrina" something good came out her mouth. "Stop writing!!" She exclaimed "Save it for the interview... have a drink. Live." She swung a glass in my face. I wanted to snatch it out her hands. Consume it. But of course, what kind of person would I be if I showed up to my interview drunk as a ... drunk as a... Oh...whatever.
"No thank you," I said. "Really. Those days are over."

She chugged down a entire glass cup and threw the empty glass on my poufy blue dress. She started kissing the guy next to her in the limo seat, and I rolled my eyes the other way, looking out the window.

I've changed, in some way. You can see it in my writing, I guess. Taking the chance, and impersonating some one's name, gave me a sign that I was living. Maybe it was crazy, but I felt like queen again. I felt known, and it was like I was in page six. Oh, I am in page six!

The limo came to a stop, and before I got out of the limo I saw a lot of screaming people standing from the outside holding up signs. Beautiful signs

And most importantly. I loved the attention.

Ross' House - Packing for New York