High School

"That scared little girl who was afraid to be in love, is now in love and it doesn't hurt as much as it did before. That scared little girl is actually a strong woman, just leaving her four year story behind and heading for another one."

I was surprised to see Ross walking up to the spot where I used to rule the high school. On the long, long, very long steps -- I think now we can just call them stairs. It took me a while to adjust that he was coming my way, because I thought he was out trying to get his music heard. I felt awkward, for visiting daily. "You have got to stop coming here." Ross said laughing directly at me.

"Hey, you," I smiled. If it wasn't for this place I probably wouldn't meet the great Ross Lynch. I used to dread school, then I loved it again, then I dreaded it again, and I never really held on to why it was so important. It brought a group of minorities, closer together. I mean haven't you ever seen Glee?

I moved my purse out of the way, Ross taking a seat next to me, in the section where I used to be Queen M. So fake, and -- fake...Really fake...I was glad I could share the spot with him, anyway. "Don't you miss it?" I asked him, as his beautiful scent caught my nose, and I felt like I could just tell him everything.

"No." He said. He tugged my hand, with his.

I lightly laughed, rolling my eyes over to him.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm glad I bumped into such a beautiful girl, but I hate Mr. Chance." Mr. Chance was the Spanish teacher. Wow.

"Well this was my four year home, and now it wants to get RID of me." I felt like I was getting kicked out, and one of my drama queen moments we're coming on. "Mr. Chance was really cute."

"Awe, you've got it bad." Ross laughed putting his arms around me, as I lay on his soft lap. His lips kissed my forehead, as the spring breeze pasted by as I knew I had to move on, or I'd end up trying to impersonate as a senior again. And nobody wants me to go crazy now. I studied Ross, to try and forget why I'd miss it all. He was wearing his little Levi's. He was also wearing a gray beanie hiding parts of his hair, and some other horribly made guy clothes.

"How's the music coming?" I asked.

"Riker's on to something," He replied, as I enjoyed seeing the smile in his eyes. "He told me to meet him, and for whatever reason Rocky, Rydel, and Ellington are going to be there."

"Don't tell me they do music to." I laughed.
He chuckled along, and I rested in his lap taking in the last time I'd probably come here. Unison High would just be a great memory.

I'm so glad me and him made it. When we moved to New York, It was apparent I'd be doing the shopping, cooking, "working," but who knows, Ross could step up at any time and prove his crazy father wrong. And thinking over, in just this one year, I think me and him survived the most. If it weren't for Ross Lynch, who would I, Maia Mitchell turn into? A nobody who was sad forever because of a loss. No, I could hear my mom clapping for him now.

Because no matter how many times I tried to deny it in the beginning, change is good. You just have to find the right change.