C48 - Warrior

What if you fail? You will. Then, you move on.

Previous

"Regan was in a critical condition. He's not a senior, he's twenty two years older with know official job backgrounds -- His real name appears to be Ron Williams, and he has been registered into eight different schools. Now, nine."

You can break everything I am. Like I'm made of glass. Like I'm made of paper. - D.L

" I thought I knew you. But I guess it's easier to see what we want than to look for the truth. You think you know me but you don't. And that means you don't know what I can do. You may see me as someone popular and has all the answers but that's not true. I may not always know what I'm doing but I'll try to make things better. And when I make a mistake, because face it, we all do, I promise I'll ask for your help," -Brooke Davis. "I can't do this alone but If you take a chance on me, we can do great things together. I promise if you believe in me, I'll find the courage to reach your every dream. "

"Where are my dreams?"

Ross' POV

The doctors either have bad news or good news. Mostly bad, if you watch a lot of Netflix. They said my hand would be 'ok' if I didn't apply pressure to it and that wasn't good enough, because I was feeling like shit.

But they let me go, cut me loose, just like they did when I was attacked.

"I want to see Maia," was all that I had been saying, since the accident. She was the only thing on my mind when I saw her fall.

They just kept informing about Regan and telling me all of his background, which I had been purposefully ignoring. Its easy, I did it my whole senior year. And if the words Maia Mitchell didn't come out of their mouth I was going to keep ignoring them.

She was stupid to come back, I rather her not have a bleeding leg and me have a fractured wrist. But I know she came back for me, although I was a jerk to her for halve of her senior year. The thing is Laura left. She had some history with that Regan dude, and she hasn't let me in.

"Maia," The doctor said, and my attention went straight to the doctor.

She looked horrible when I walked closer toward her and looked aside like I didn't even come into the room.
I don't think I've ever seen Maia distraught. Kept back I should say. She was laid back in a bed, covered in wraps with small blood stains on the sheets. Horrible, but somehow still beautiful and her unease made me feel like I did a shit job at being there for her.
She might've looked horrible, but I felt horrible... I've done a lot of things to her, and I wish I could take it all back sometimes -- all the time, but I was tired. Tired of fighting and here's were that got me. Tired. I hurt her so much, and it wasn't until she crocked her head toward me and kinked her eyebrows that I realized it.

"Hey." She muttered, and I was expecting a loud yell in her voice--- but it was barely a noise. "How's your hand?"

"How's your leg?" I pulled out a chair. She leant her head back, some kind of embarrassment. Is this the right room? Is this the right Maia?

"Can you get me out of here?" She shut her eyes, clearly in pain and I tried so hard not to frown. Someone has to be strong for the both of us -- Then she realized it was me, she was asking.

She had simply opened her eyes that had been red around the center of her brown world and avoided the fact I was studying her. "I don't know what love is." She said out of the blue. The sound in her voice was dull and scarred which was new.