C53 - My Last 'Hurrah'

Laura,

Get together for the team at my old man's Lake House!

      Can bring one person of your choice along
       but it's really a team outing! Choose carefully
       or don't choose at all. 

Sent to you and 29 others.

Getting Ready

Ross' POV

   In a few days I was going to be the man aside Maia while we went to one of her checkups with the doctors. She promised after Laura's get together she'd finally open the envelope that had been hidden under her mattress --- She thinks I don't know. 
  She said she would tell her father, and my mom was keeping it a secret for her and I, to figure things out. 

 But while Maia was still sleeping, I had been getting ready early for Laura's get together, which would probably just be a rager instead.

 I looked at the proposal ring I had sprung on Maia last year when I was desperate to win her back. I felt stupid for how I did that... I didn't even get on my knee. I'd hope she forgot about all of that. Because after graduation I'm going to get on my knee, and she's going to know I can be there for her forever -- Her shining knight. I want to be with the girl that made me a better guy.

I placed it safely in an empty suit case of Maia's I was borrowing, and that's when her dad came in with a suitcase of his own. 

I looked at him after zipping up my suit case. "Sup Mr. Mitchell."

He still gave me some bad tension from the day I ruined his wedding, and because I didn't come to the rehearsal dinner to give my best man speech. I bailed to be with Laura, and left Maia. I let my dead father still get in the way of what I had wanted. I had remembered the day I left Maia at the funeral and here I am, Maia still allowing herself to depend on me. I loved it. 

I think he just wanted to know if we we're doing anything, because after a minute he left out the room with nothing to say to me. 

"He hates you." I looked over to Maia whom had been listening in with her eyes closed. Her hair was in a huge bun, and her 'Almost Perfect' book was on the dresser next to her bed. My smirk immediately came and I ran onto the bed where she was giving me a seductive look. 

My pants weren't all the way zipped from getting ready, but Maia didn't mind as her lips meet mine and her hand creased my face. 

"Your breath stinks, god!" She yelled in a whisper falling back onto her pillow after ten seconds, breaking the kiss. 

She had blown my flow right then and there. "Morning breath!" 

She pointed to the door, wanting me to go brush. Taking the walk of shame, I knew I wasn't going to get my morning Maia in and walking out the room, Maia's dad was still barricaded on the outer hall of Maia's room.

Heart attack almost approaching, he laughed as he saw my wuss face. "It's alright kiddo, but you two are breaking up after the wedding." He said not wanting an answer, as he walked straight down the hall to his room. The door closed quietly and Maia was behind me holding my arm, in those sexy pajama shorts. All I did was sigh. 

Maia's POV

I kissed Rowan and Dad goodbye, and took my journal on the way out.  

   Ross carried both of our suitcases, as I was clearly impressed. We walked outside to Laura's parked car, having everyone out on our porch.