C26 - He's Come Undone

Later that day - 10:51 PM Ross's POV

You : Hey sxy, mind coming over tonight? Still need u.

I put my phone at my side, as I relaxed my myself on my bed. I was home. In my bed. It felt good, but of course I was still in trouble for not checking out of that hotel -- and using a fake ID. But the feeling of the soft cover helped me forget all of that. Including my mom's 'i'm having a baby bomb.' Yeah.... I did not handle that well...

Maia had left after she stopped me from murdering my mom, because of course my by poplar mother wasn't lying for once. The look on her face, when she said she was pregnant...made me flip the coffee table over letting her work papers fly in her face. I know everyone should be happy, especially the mother, (even my dad had a small grin) but I didn't think it was fair. They had been having sex since my first day at Unison, not thinking about me at all....and not noticing anything I do.

They didn't even know who I wanted to be when I grew up.

How do you tell a college that?
How do you deal with a family like this?
You don't.
You hide, like I did. You can't face your problems
in my world. It's not the best advice, but happy endings weren't in the lynch manual.

The neglect hurt, but why should I care anymore? I'd been soft ever since me and Maia started dating, and if it weren't for her always believing in me, I would have already been at New York, dropping out of school, and it's not like my parents would care now. Their having a baby. I couldn't believe it... but there I was in my room forced to deal with it... nobody wanting to hear shit I have to say.

Because it's done.

She didn't even talk to me about it after Maia left. It was only me yelling....and yelling... but she couldn't hear me. She wasn't trying to listen to me. I was moving out soon, so why do I matter? It's only because this girl I meet who helped me through this. That's all that mattered.

Before I decided to go to bed, and ignore my family, my dad (sadly a 'member' of my family) knocked on the open door of my room. He came in without me even saying anything and walked toward my bed.

He staggered a little, I saw he was a little drunk, and he sat down on my face by accident. "Sorry kid." He scooted.
"Fuck!" I yelled. "Stop drinking." I muttered. Is this dude trying to kill me? I'd say yes, if I wasn't aready half asleep, "What do you want anyway?"
His face gave a small grin, and the wrinkles showed as a sign of frustration on his face. "Your girlfriend does love you...she one of the good ones. She cares about you??" He said weary like he was going to throw up any minute, and was talking with the worst effort. I hate my dad when he's drunk. I hate him when he's sober to.

"I said what do you want!" I yelled. He wasn't getting the messages, of get the fuck out my face. "Don't talk about her. She's none of --"
"Look," He said putting his hands out. "She came to my house."
I sighed lying my head back down on my pillow trying to ignore him. "I'm sorry for not being a good father."

Sorry?

The words came out of his mouth so unexpected I almost choked on the air between us. After all these years, he picked now when my mom is pregnant to apologize. "Why are you apologizing? You already bruised me..." I pulled up my shirt. "It's to late for an apology.... It's to late." Like one word was suppose to fix my whole life. "I'm graduating soon, and once I move out I'll never have to see you again." I said reluctant to show him forgiveness. It couldn't be done.

My phone buzzed, and I grabbed it to see what Maia sent to me.

Maia: I'm on my way. Hang in there.