Chapter 33

Susie's POV

I couldn't sleep all night, everything still feels like one bad dream. A dream where I was stuck, I could neither let it go nor I could hold on to it.  The ritual must be done, it must be done for Newt to turn back human, I know he betrayed me but I can't not do anything. I have to help, but I don't know how, I know nothing of this witches stuff, the spells and everything is totally new for me and My mom, She was so brave. She went after a monster to kill just to protect everyone. She must have missed my dad and me but she couldn't come back to us. She must've felt so alone. I couldn't be angry with her. She needs me, she needs us more than anything right now.

I got downstairs after getting ready for school.  Mom was at the dining table, arranging dishes, she saw me coming, she welcomed me with a warm smile.

My mom's here. The only one good thing that happened to me these days was her, knowing she is alive. 

"Good morning honey" she said. I took a chair and sat down. 

"Morning mom" I said, smelling the dishes "hmm they smell good" I said

"Thanks honey, but are you going to School?" she asked "You know you can skip school for a few days" 

"Umm I want to go mom, its alright" I said. She smiled weakly and served the dishes for me, my dad also joined us in breakfast, We ate together for the first time. 

When I was finally leaving, my mom came to me with a small pouch. 

"Keep it with you, don't lose it" she said handing me the pouch.

"What is it?" I asked. 

"A protection pouch, if you feel like you are in any danger, it sends a signal to me" she said.

I have to get used to this stuff.

"Okay. bye mom" I said and left the house, and walked to school, it didn't take woods, not after knowing what had happened in there. 

I was walking to school thinking about Newt. I don't know if he would come to school after all this, but I wish to see him there. Suddenly a car came by and stopped beside me, it was Steve. He opened the door for me and said.

"Hop in" I hesitated for a second but  I got in shooking my head, he smiled and started driving.

"You didn't have to come, I'm fine" I said.

"I didn't, I was just passing by and saw you" he bluffed.

"Lie better next time" I said. 

We reached school and just when we got out of the car, Jo and toby came and parked their car. Jo saw me and came to us.

"You came?" she asked surprisingly.

"Of course, Why wouldn't I?" I said with a smile, she smiled back.

"Very well then lets go" she said and we walked to our class, as expected, Newt didn't come. 

After every class, Steve and Jo came to my locker to check on me. We were in the cafeteria eating lunch. Toby joined us as well today. I was eating in silence and they keep looking at me while eating. They should stop it. I stopped eating and looked at them.

"Guys stop it, I am fine."  I snapped, They went back to eating their food, looking away. 

"Of course you would be fine" someone said from behind me, I turned back to see who that was, it was Emma, she was sitting behind us with her friends. "Even though you lost one, you got another one to play around with" she said

"Emma, Shut up" Jo said.

 "I only stated facts" she said

"Emma, why don't you mind your fu**ing business?" Steve said seriously, I didn't say anything.