chapter 23

Susie's POV :

I was reading all night, the more I keep reading, the more it sounds real. The book started with spells and how we can use them, it was filled with spells only. I didn't understand anything.

"Ughhh..what is all this ?" I laid back on bed but I gotta go to school now.

"I gotta go now" I whispered to myself as I think of Newt. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and then I got ready.

I went downstairs and dad was still making breakfast. I got my bag to leave. 

"Are you leaving already?" dad asked as he came out of the kitchen.

"Yes" I said wearing my shoes.

"Isn't it too early ?! Anyway go after breakfast okay" he said.

"I'm not hungry dad..bye" I said and left the house.

Well when I got to school, there is barely anyone. I went to the class room and since no one is there, I thought of sleeping for a few minutes. There's still an hour left for everyone to come.

Yes..I came too early to school.

I laid my bag aside and slept on my table. I fell asleep so fast cause I haven't slept all night.

____

I woke up to a sound of something. It was my bag, it fell. I bent down to take it and put it back on the table when I suddenly saw him next to me.

"Arghh God____ " I literally screamed when I saw him sitting beside me. He's so calm looking at his notes so unbothered of me sleeping here. No one isn't here yet but he is.

"Easy there...its just me" he said surprised at my outbreak.

"You almost gave me an heart attack Newt. You should make some sound when you are around" I said still trying to catch my breath.

"Sorry...I didn't wanna wake you up" he apologized.

"Very thoughtful of you__" I said adjusting my hair "how long have you been here ?

"Not long..." he said.

"Anyway...aren't you too early for school?" I asked.

"Aren't you ?" He questioned back.

"I was just ah...I don't know I just wanted to come early so" I said.

"Hmm hmm" he then started writing something in his notes.

"What are you working on?" I asked.

"The assignment" he said.

"Is it done already?" I asked.

"Yes...I'll give it you, you can check before submitting" he said while writing. He has such a beautiful hand writing.

"Wow...That's fast" I said. He closed the notes and gave it to me.

"Here.." I took it and started reading.

"Wow..its perfect Newt " I said. "I feel bad to even take credit for it...you worked on this completely"

"But you chose the topic so...there wouldn't be this assignment if you didn't choose this topic" he said with a smile. I smiled back weakly.

"So what's the reason for your lack of sleep? It's clear you didn't sleep all night" he asked.

"I was reading the book all night" I said.

He turned to face me.

"You were reading it ?! I thought your dad..."