Chapter 51

Susie's POV

Marcus made me a delicious steak with butter and prepared some champagne. We had the food while he would tell me about John and the house and everything. Hearing him talk about all that, made me think he would have been so lonely, he had no one but the name as the rich boy in the town and just John. Now I can finally see a reason why he turned to be like this, why he killed everyone.

No one ever cares for the rich boy cause he has everything, but John, John was the only family he has close to his parents, he was the only person who loved Marcus more than anyone and when John died, his world must have collapsed. I think now I know why he ended up like this.

What am I thinking?! what happened was horrible but still killing people, all the generation of the witches didn't deserve his punishment.

"John is like a father to you, isn't he?" I asked.

"He was more than that" he said, his voice sounded faint.

"Did he teach you how to cook?" I asked taking another bite of the steak "It's really delicious"

He smiled and said "We used to cook together, so yes, you could say he taught me cooking"

After we finished eating, Marcus took me somewhere else in the palace, it was a room full of books, I just see books around the room in the cellars and a table near to the window on the right side.

"This was my parents reading room" he said "I heard that they used to spend so much time here reading together."

"Really?! " I asked in surprise, his parents sound lovely. "These books must be so old right? they must be from 100 and more years back, I wonder what these books tell"

"Feel free to read" he said

"I can?" I asked "Thank you"

I searched the book selves and dig some books that seemed interesting. He took some books too, we sat on the sofa near the window and read in silence, he looked completely into the book he's reading, I didn't wanna disturb even though I want to ask if what's written in the books were true because they sound so true. I kept reading and he did too, it might be after sometime he placed his book down and looked at me with a small smile and said

"I will go get us something to drink" I nodded with a smile and continued reading as he left the room.

I was almost done with my book, the book is about how spells works for a witch, I read so many things that I don't know about, I flipped the pages and kept reading and almost at the end of the book I read something I always wanted to know, I didn't realize it first but I think this is what I was looking for, a solution to break the curse.

I saw Marcus coming with two glasses holding them carefully so he would not spill whatever is inside, I closed the book and took one of the glasses.

"Have you finished reading?" he asked sitting next to me.

"Yeah I did" I said and gulped the lemon water. "Have you read all the books here?" I asked

He put his glass down and shook his head pressing his lips together.  

"I wish I did, but there are so many books that I didn't finish" he said

"Is everything in the books true?" I asked

He nodded and said "Yes, everything in the books is true, John said he read all the books here and he believed they are true"

If that is true, then what I read in this book must be true too.