Chapter 10

Susie's POV

I looked at newt when I saw his ex, Newt walked to his father and introduced me to him.

"Dad its Susie"

It is so weird, that his father was kept staring at me. Newt cleared his throat. His dad got to his senses then. What's that about?!.

"Oh yeah..I've heard a lot about you" he said. I was surprised that newt even talk about me with his father.

"Really" I said. Then the girl came forward offering her hand and said

"Hello, I'm Jenna, Newt's sister " 

Newts sister, he said she was his ex. I was in a complete shock, I don't know what to say. Why would he lie to me about his sister. I cleared my mouth and said

"Hello"

I waited for Newt to explain but he ignored it like he didn't remember telling me that she was his ex.

"Dad, Susie has this book that was written in a very old language, I told her you are great with languages and may be you could help her translate it" newt told his father.

"Oh yeah sure, where is it ?" He asked, I took out the book, when they saw the book their eyes glowed. I was handing it to his father then Newt took it.

"Let me " he took the book, he sort of snatched it out of my hands..I didn't understand why he just did that.

"Newt, why don't you put that book in the reading room, I'll look into it after some nice coffee." his father said and then gestured to Jenna, she went to kitchen to make coffee. Newt and I sat on another couch.

"Thanks Mr. Collins for helping me with the book"  I said.

"Your welcome" he said.

"You have a really beautiful house Mr. Collins" I said looking around the house.

"Thank you, but it was all Newt's, he remodeled it by himself, this guy has a good taste right?!  " his dad said looking at Newt who was smiling now. I didn't know he can get flattered too.

"Yes indeed." I said looking at him.

"Coffee" Jenna said coming out of the kitchen, we took the coffee and she sat beside her father.

"Tell me about school and how Newt was doing in school Susie, will you? " his father asked.

"He is great, really, brilliant and quick" I said

"Good to hear that he wasn't in any fights "

Well he got into one the very first day in a party, I thought to myself, when he looked at me.

"What do your parents do?" He asked.

"My dad owns a grocery shop here" i said

"And your mom?" He asked.

I just pressed my lips together and then sipped my coffee. Then My phone buzzed, I took it out.

"Sorry, it's my dad, I guess he wants me home now, I should go" I said standing up, Newt stood up too.

"Yeah no problem, it's nice to meet you Susie" he said

"You too Mr. Collins and thank you again for the book" I said. He nodded with a warm smile.

"Thanks for the coffee Jenna" I said, she smiled. When I was leaving I saw portraits of animals in his house, they are very big portraits indeed. I haven't noticed them before. 

We got in to the car and Newt started driving.

"Sorry if my father asked way too many questions" he apologized.