Chapter 38

Newt's POV

"I trusted you" Marcus says with his eyes wet and red. He lost the only person he has in his life as his family and when Family is gone, A part of your soul will be gone with them and you will never be the same person again.

"I am sorry___" Alice says, She couldn't bring herself to say more. Meanwhile I saw Oliver coming and he was panting like he has come here running.

"Ali..." he called her, she turned around "I saw you running, Is everything okay?" he asked and came closer, only to see Marcus holding John's dead body.

He stood beside Alice, shocked and in silence, he looked at Alice for answers. Marcus laid John's body on the floor and stood up. 

"All my life I wanted to be nothing but to be a better man and good for people But look at where it has taken me now." He said staring at Alice. 

"Lord Marcus__" she said through tears.

"And you of all people, I trusted you but you broke my trust. I will never forgive you Ruperts for this, for taking the only family I had" he said walking towards Alice. Oliver came and stood between them.

"Lord Marcus, please calm down, you know Alice would never do anything to hurt you" Oliver said but Marcus is no longer listening.

"You have taken the Man I loved and I would do the same for you" he said taking Oliver into his hand by his neck, Alice eyes widened.

"No No please, Don't hurt him" she begged "Please, I know you are hurting right now and no matter what answer I give you that won't be enough for your lose" she says kneeling before him.

"I should have known, it's my fault but Please Marcus, He has done nothing wrong. Don't hurt him" she pleaded.

He threw Oliver across the room with his bare hands, He is powerful, he looked like he has become a different person.

"I will never forgive you Ruperts" he said.  "You had to know the pain" 

Marcus closed his eyes and he started chanted a spell with his power. I saw some of the witches waking up slowly, Stella regained her consciousness and saw Alice.

"Alice__" she called her and saw Marcus chanting the spell. Her eyes widened listening to Marcus. "Oh my god" she said and stood up.

"Everyone get up quickly" She yelled and All the witches stood on their feet, they all seemed weak. "We have to get out of here quickly." she said.

"Alice come on" she said taking Alice's hand, Alice let go off her hand giving her cold stare.

"How could you do this?" she asked.

"We have no time Alice please, we have to stop him now." She said. "he is going to destroy all this, we have to leave now please" 

Alice looked for Oliver and ran to him, she woke him up, He was weak, he managed to stand up and looked at her.

"I am so sorry for getting you involved in all this" she said, Oliver shook his head, all the witches went outside, Stella helped Oliver and Alice go out. Before leaving, Alice looked back at Marcus who was still chanting the spell, with pity in her eyes for him.

"I am sorry" she said for the last time.

I went outside along with them, There was heavy wind and the clouds went all black, everything is complete dark. 

"Everyone hold hands together" Stella said. "We have to finish the spell now"  they all held hands together and started chanting.

"Aunt Stella, please stop it, what are you doing?" Alice begged but no one listened to her.